Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should recreational marijuana be legal?
Yes 38 82.61%
No 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 04:01 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times

Advertisements

My daughter worked at an elementary school in Denver where most of the kids are underprivileged. The closest building to the school property is a pot place. They may have a distance requirement but it is not enough. It is certainly within smelling distance. There are two others slightly further away but still in sight. Too much of Denver has become all about pot. Some areas reek of pot pretty much all the time. Walk through almost any apartment complex and it is oozing out from under at least one door. Dispensaries are all over the place and often as above in inappropriate places. It seems rare that you go anywhere crowded outside and are not breathing pot smoke. They banned public consumption but it does not seem to be enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 12:30 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,734 times
I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority (or not) but I've always been a respectful pot smoker. I actually don't smoke, I vaporize but that's another matter. Have a medical license for PTSD and chronic back pain. Living in an apartment complex I have three young children living with their family in the downstairs unit below me. I am extremely careful to close off all of the vents and go to great lengths to make sure they can't smell it, to the point where friends think I am ridiculous.

I've never used it in public or in my car. And when I get high, I do it either before bed or on days where I don't plan on going out. I wouldn't be drunk in public and view being high as just as big an embarrassment and liability. It should be legal but needs to be enforced as such. It will always be a big moneymaker for the courts because there are always irresponsible people. Just like alcohol but with a provision for scent in shared buildings. It should not be out in the open for young kids to be smelling and shame on anyone who's that careless... you are setting a terrible example legal or not.

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 09-30-2017 at 12:38 AM..

Old 09-30-2017, 09:31 AM

1,996 posts, read 3,161,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
It should not be out in the open for young kids to be smelling and shame on anyone who's that careless... you are setting a terrible example legal or not.
Why would it be shameful to smoke weed around children? People drink beer and wine and smoke cigarettes around their children. Is that behavior shameful?

(I am 30+ year old, who has NEVER smoked weed ever, just wondering about the rationale of your marijuana code of rules)

Old 09-30-2017, 12:11 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,568,734 times
Smoking cigarettes around children is horrible! All of the secondhand smoke alone is criminal. Beer and wine in small amounts maybe but people getting wasted in front of their children... not cool.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:40 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times
Legal drugs are generally too concentrated and potent here. I buy children's dose pills for pain relief. A low-dose cannabidiol product, no THC, could be useful to me.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:57 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times
A shift away from imported narcotics to domestically grown herbal medicine is necessary for our health, and inevitable in global economics.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:10 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Smoking cigarettes around children is horrible! All of the secondhand smoke alone is criminal. Beer and wine in small amounts maybe but people getting wasted in front of their children... not cool.
Like most things it is abuse the is the problem, not the product. There is nothing wrong with Beer and wine. It is a sanitary drink with health benefits that was a replacement for water when water was unhealthy. In reasonable quantities it is good for you and there is no shame or badness in consuming in front of or even with children. It is if you drink too much of it at once that is a problem. Water is the same way. Drink too much of it at once and it will kill you.

POt seems no different. smoke a joint or eat a brownie at night to calm your nerves if you need it and sit around watching TV or just staring at a clock and being entertained. What is wrong with that. Smoke five joints at night or smoke any before driving to work int he morning and that is abusive. But like all smoke, you need to keep it to yourself. Forcing other people to breath the substance is wrong and should be illegal.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:05 PM

78 posts, read 87,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
I'm gonna say no...I don't want my kids to think its okay to use cannabis because its legal.
Alcohol is legal for adults only, weed would and should be the same. Also the same message. Not approved for developing brains.

Old 10-07-2017, 06:01 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
It might be a way to control the THC content

Old 10-08-2017, 07:46 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,722,567 times
The problem I have with it is when neighbors smoke it and I have to smell it. Maybe it should be (il)legalized on a city by city basis so that people have an option for living in an area where they don't have to smell it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: