Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,290 times

Advertisements

I need to obtain temporary housing in Monroe, MI area. I posted in Housing Wanted (craigs list.org) and have not had much luck. I've searched to rent a room (Ann Arbor and Toledo) and have not found a non smoking female to rent a room from in the Monroe, MI area. And of course apartment complexes all require a lease. The need for a lease seems to be the draw back. I would not want to sign a lease for even 3 months as I have many allergies and I do not want to be committed to reside in an apartment that is making me sicker. I need to temporary reside in the Monroe, MI area for medical reasons. Extended stay hotels seem to be about $1,000 per month. I am on a very limited income and can not afford that monthly cost. Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I forgetting of another avenue to try to find temporary housing.

Do people in the Monroe, MI area rent a room (either from their home or apartment)? It is not a trend where I live. It was suggested for me to put something in the classifieds. Where I live I think only “scary” people would respond that is why I am wondering if renting a room is something common in the Monroe, MI area. I am a very honest, trustworthy individual with high moral values and integrity.

I also have done “home sitting/pet sitting” while people are on vacation. I recently saw a post of an individual on craigs list.org wanting to do home sitting or pet sitting for people during the winter when they travel south. If Monroe is like my town I do not think people would trust someone they didn’t know at all to reside in their home. I believe the demographics of Monroe, MI are similar to my home town (several months ago local government leaders traveled to Monroe, MI because of several similarities between the two cities.)

]Any feedback about the Monroe, MI area and temporary housing would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by DeerValley; 09-21-2008 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Odd font info. etc. showed up when posted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan