Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:40 PM

119 posts, read 284,765 times

Advertisements

The death spiral this country is in makes me sick. The divine one obama is trying to set himself up as dictator when he is not even the legitimate president. Why you say? He has not produced a birth certificate proving he was born in the US. Why not you say? He can't. He was born in Kenya. He knows it and his handlers know it. Everything he has done and will do is a fraud.
That said, What makes obama or anyone else in the federal government qualified to say whom should run what in the private sector? Granted they did take bailout money and they should have known strings would be attached.
None of these institutions should have been bailed out with taxpayer money. It is only going to put off what will happen anyway. Going bankrupt.
This action is not going to "fix" GM anymore than it "fixed" the banks, AIG or anyone else. We keep digging and all we have to show for it is a bigger hole.
Unfourtunately GM is like the Titanic. It's going to sink. No amount of bailing will save it. I don't like that fact anymore than anyone else. That's just the way it is.
My only hope is the workers don't get screwed any worse than they already have. All parties share some blame for this whole mess with GM, But management was driving the ship when it hit the iceburg. But don't worry about Rick Wagnor. He's getting a $20 million golden parachute. He will be O.K.
My point is not about GM going belly up. That's bad enough. Worse is the fact that the government can come in and start to dictate how a private company can operate. If we allow this, where does it end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Rep points to you. Yours is the first post I've read on any CD sub-topic that acknowledges what I believe was a major cause of the current mess were in now. It's kinda hard to pay a mortgage when your spending half of what a mortgage costs on gas to get back and forth to work. Even my gas miser 30 mph car was costing me $320 a month to get back and forth. Everything that lands on a store shelf is affected by the ridiculous prices we were paying. What can you do when an oil man runs the show for 8 years?
Ditto! rep points to JGatti as well.

I have said that this whole fall started with the gas prices.

My b-i-l saw he commute prices go up $200 per month more JUST because of higher gas prices. That is another carnote, etc and you get NOTHING for you extra money.. nothing to show for.

And oil companies were making RECORD PROFITS. It is no wonder the country and economy are going broke... the oil companies have finished pick pocketing the America wallet, and the banks just pulled their last heist while Bush and Cheney were walking out the back door.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Remember though, everybody is complaining about the "hand-out" the Big THREE got. Ford DIDN'T take any of it. So it is more correctly Chrysler and GM, NOT the big three.
Didn't Ford get a federal loan several years ago in 2006? I thought they borrowed $23 billion.

Maybe they asked the right person at the right time.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:50 AM

850 posts, read 1,898,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Generally I agree with you, just one question. What kind of producible car is in demand???
that's the thing, they'd have to make something so great and FIND the demand for it....like some super green machine that doesn't use gas and doesn't cost 50,000 dollars. which probably won't happen:}

cars had their 'run'.....time for something else.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
Rep points to you. Yours is the first post I've read on any CD sub-topic that acknowledges what I believe was a major cause of the current mess were in now. It's kinda hard to pay a mortgage when your spending half of what a mortgage costs on gas to get back and forth to work. Even my gas miser 30 mph car was costing me $320 a month to get back and forth. Everything that lands on a store shelf is affected by the ridiculous prices we were paying. What can you do when an oil man runs the show for 8 years?
Wow! When my monthly gasoline bill went up to $200/month, I thought that was bad.

That begs the question: gas is at about $2.00/gallon now, a slight reprieve, so once the national economy recovers like we all want, and gas goes back up to $4.00/gallon on increased demand, what are people doing to prepare for that?

It's a bit off topic, but this topic is jumping around a bit anyway.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM

968 posts, read 2,589,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
that's the thing, they'd have to make something so great and FIND the demand for it....like some super green machine that doesn't use gas and doesn't cost 50,000 dollars. which probably won't happen:}

cars had their 'run'.....time for something else.

not gonna be much demand when no one can afford any new car. Un em p barely covers a grocery bill.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:31 PM

968 posts, read 2,589,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FESTER View Post
The death spiral this country is in makes me sick. The divine one obama is trying to set himself up as dictator when he is not even the legitimate president. Why you say? He has not produced a birth certificate proving he was born in the US. Why not you say? He can't. He was born in Kenya. He knows it and his handlers know it. Everything he has done and will do is a fraud.
That said, What makes obama or anyone else in the federal government qualified to say whom should run what in the private sector? Granted they did take bailout money and they should have known strings would be attached.
None of these institutions should have been bailed out with taxpayer money. It is only going to put off what will happen anyway. Going bankrupt.
This action is not going to "fix" GM anymore than it "fixed" the banks, AIG or anyone else. We keep digging and all we have to show for it is a bigger hole.
Unfourtunately GM is like the Titanic. It's going to sink. No amount of bailing will save it. I don't like that fact anymore than anyone else. That's just the way it is.
My only hope is the workers don't get screwed any worse than they already have. All parties share some blame for this whole mess with GM, But management was driving the ship when it hit the iceburg. But don't worry about Rick Wagnor. He's getting a $20 million golden parachute. He will be O.K.
My point is not about GM going belly up. That's bad enough. Worse is the fact that the government can come in and start to dictate how a private company can operate. If we allow this, where does it end?

Obama is the Anti-Christ!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: