Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,311,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nye2001 View Post
cigarettes and beer is cheaper
Well that's it, I'm going!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 07:44 PM

325 posts, read 371,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
Texas has one problem: Texans. And it's as scenic as a parking lot, just about everywhere.
Hey, hey, hey now, Texans aren't all that bad. At least, not all of us. And for the record, I've lived in four states and Texas is the only one I never thought much about the state or local government. To be honest (and this is really embarrassing to admit) I thought everything just kind of, well, ran itself.

But then I grew up and moved to California where I thought about government all the blessed time. The government has its fingers all in your life. And though I've lived in CO for only a year and now in MI for only a year, I don't think the government in these states are nearly as oppressive or screwed up as California. And of all the states in the union, my husband gets a cush job here in MI. That says something about this state. It is ugly everywhere, but there are pockets of hope shining through.

And another thing: All of Texas doesn't look like a parking lot. Just stick around the eastern edges.
Attached Thumbnails
A thread for those frustrated in Michigan-img_7780.jpg   A thread for those frustrated in Michigan-img_7792.jpg  

Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
I can't even imagine what the crime is like in an area in FL that is cheaper then MI.
The cost of living in FL to a similar area in MI is much higher. That is to rent or buy. When I was comparing gas prices with my mom in MI it was higher here in FL,same with groceries,and to maintain your car.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:28 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
Florida kills you with property tax, insurance rates for hurricanes, and an overabundance of really freaky people. Seven times out of ten, some really grisly or violent crime occurs, it's in Florida.

Texas has one problem: Texans. And it's as scenic as a parking lot, just about everywhere.

Phoenix, Arizona...well, most of people's common sense has boiled away in that summer hellhole. Lots of angry transplants. Tuscon and n orth AZ is pretty nice, but you get snow in N AZ in winter.
AZ is feeling more like California every day.

But, we get along with our neighbors very well.

They're from Kansas.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:29 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I can't even imagine what the crime is like in an area in FL that is cheaper then MI.
The cost of living in FL to a similar area in MI is much higher. That is to rent or buy. When I was comparing gas prices with my mom in MI it was higher here in FL,same with groceries,and to maintain your car.
You can live cheap just about anywhere.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:51 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlady View Post
Hey, hey, hey now, Texans aren't all that bad. At least, not all of us. And for the record, I've lived in four states and Texas is the only one I never thought much about the state or local government. To be honest (and this is really embarrassing to admit) I thought everything just kind of, well, ran itself.

But then I grew up and moved to California where I thought about government all the blessed time. The government has its fingers all in your life. And though I've lived in CO for only a year and now in MI for only a year, I don't think the government in these states are nearly as oppressive or screwed up as California. And of all the states in the union, my husband gets a cush job here in MI. That says something about this state. It is ugly everywhere, but there are pockets of hope shining through.

And another thing: All of Texas doesn't look like a parking lot. Just stick around the eastern edges.
When the governor of Texas advocates secession from the Union, well, that's over the top screwed up.

Nothing much special about those pics, sorry.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
You can live cheap just about anywhere.
Of course you can but it would be about living in fear in FL. I am comparing similar areas in FL to MI it is way more expensive in FL.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:53 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,242 times
I'm a little unhappy about this weeks forecast.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM

40 posts, read 84,256 times
You would hate South Carolina then, everyones fat there, even the kids. And the buck teeth,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I love Northern Michigan!!! Just getting tired of seeing the 70%+ of the population up here being overweight, out of shape, with no desire to improve themselves. They drink soda pop for breakfast, lunch, dinner & have no inclination to improve themselves whatsover. It keeps some of us busy for work but it is just sad that so many people are too stupid to make themselves healthier & live a healthy lifestyle.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 PM

40 posts, read 84,256 times
This is from city-data:
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $174,000

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Clearw...#ixzz1M0v7g9RT

From Gas buddy same zip code: $3.80 as of 5/10/11

Plymouth, MI:Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $239,125

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Plymou...#ixzz1M0uQ5USM

From Gas Buddy same zip code: $4.12 as of 5/10/11

Heres one from Palm Harbor, which is absolutley beutiful :
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $194,129

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Palm-H...#ixzz1M0xJ03M1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan