Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,585 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am hoping someone can help me with my situation. I am currently going to school in Marquette, MI and I am having a hard time finding a place to live starting May 2010. I am looking around as we speak to find an affordable 1 or 2 bedroom apartment that allows small dogs. The reason why I say small is because many apartments allow small dogs. I have been looking for the past few months and have not found anything. Perhaps I am not looking into the right places. Does anyone know where my best bet is in looking for apartments? Any suggestions, ideas, etc would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. I have a horrible car in terms of bad snowy weather, therefore, it would not be easy for me to travel distances to get to school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 AM

217 posts, read 591,310 times
Good luck! From what I see/hear, most landlords do NOT want pets of any kind in their places. Nor smoking. From their past experiences, the clean up (cost/time) when the tenant moves out is not worth it, when there are plenty of non-smoking (pet owners) to rent to.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM

72 posts, read 148,243 times
I believe NMU offers an on-campus family type of apartment for students.
Also just up the road from NMU is the tourville apartments.

Both of these are very close to campus, dont know if they both allow pets or not but check em out.

Apartments in Marquette MI Apartment & Suite Rentals Short & Long Term Tourville Apartments

Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 PM

351 posts, read 796,985 times
did you check the mining journal online. Also, I think the real estate company "state wide" has quite a few rentals.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:11 PM

349 posts, read 887,489 times
Default Mining Journal online or Craigslist Michigan "Yoopers"

If you can manage to get there to drive around in person looking for "For Rent" signs, you might get luckier than the paper/online. Lots of people prefer to put notices in the markets, stores, area cafes, etc.

The school should be helpful too.

There is also are websites if you Google pet friendly rentals, but not sure if they will have listings for the area up there.

Good luck

Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
There are plenty of apartments for rent in Marquette. Dogs OK , ...problem is the rent cost. Quite a few of the unsold condos are for rent. starting around 800.00. I rented one , a two bedroom while my house was being built, but at 1200.00 may be out of reach for college students unless they could share. Dogs,cats everywhere, and they are usually all new. Something to look into , check with the Realtors , they always have listings that are for rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan