Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,577 times

Advertisements

Traverse City is a wonderful place (to avoid at all costs) during the Cherry Festival.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,242 times
We decided to rent a cabin in Scolls favorite city instead from the 3rd until the 10th. Will still be going to TC though. Only 3 months and a few days. LOL

Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 AM

939 posts, read 2,681,619 times
Having grew up on LI, I consider the Cherry Festival "cute" and kind of a novelty. "Crowded" is not an adjective I'd use. I enjoy it when there a few thousand extra folks around, plus it's only for a week or so. You'd think that the natives would embrace an extra few hundred thousand dollars thrown into the local economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpatl View Post
Traverse City is a wonderful place (to avoid at all costs) during the Cherry Festival.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:19 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Having grew up on LI, I consider the Cherry Festival "cute" and kind of a novelty. "Crowded" is not an adjective I'd use. I enjoy it when there a few thousand extra folks around, plus it's only for a week or so. You'd think that the natives would embrace an extra few hundred thousand dollars thrown into the local economy
I've never found the traffic to be that bad. Always seems to flow fairly nice.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:53 AM

Exactly! Never any major tieups ( unless you consider 3 traffic light cycles a traffic jam) and everyone is nice & civil and law enforcement keeps it that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
I've never found the traffic to be that bad. Always seems to flow fairly nice.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:13 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,180,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I have zero problems with the event happening, I just don't want to be near it myself. Would rather walk the streets of TC when it's not so crowded and dine out when restaurants are not packed. Same goes for the Film Festival.
I'm sure you underestimate the economic impact though...it's certainly many millions of dollars a year.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:14 PM

72 posts, read 137,035 times
Traverse city is a good example of captilism with the stench from pollution in the lakes including lake michigan and a corrupt police force where as these police have killed people in their jails and constantly get away with whatever they want.As for the cherry festival i beleive it just adds more pollution and is a huge waste.More should be done to have year round activities for children.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by german71 View Post
Traverse city is a good example of captilism with the stench from pollution in the lakes including lake michigan and a corrupt police force where as these police have killed people in their jails and constantly get away with whatever they want.As for the cherry festival i beleive it just adds more pollution and is a huge waste.More should be done to have year round activities for children.
LOL! Honors given to german71 for the most ill-informed post of the year. Stench from pollution in the lakes, LOL. Police murdering people in jail... you make it sound like Capone is in charge. What a Troll.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:30 PM

That was a funny trolling post. Espeicially because you can drink the water out of Grand Traverse Bay if you're away from shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
LOL! Honors given to german71 for the most ill-informed post of the year. Stench from pollution in the lakes, LOL. Police murdering people in jail... you make it sound like Capone is in charge. What a Troll.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:48 AM

809 posts, read 1,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by german71 View Post
Why did you post that? Seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan