Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:52 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times

Advertisements

I can remember getting a several inches of snow in mid to late may. Weather here is erratic. That is what makes it fun.

Forrest Gump gave us a great quote for waking up in Michigan and walking outside. It is like a box of chocolates (truffles), you never know what you are going to get.

I have seen termpartaure swings of 30 degrees in a single day.

Just allow the weather to entertain you, and it will.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:43 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldstate View Post
Whats up with this harsh weather?I am wearing parka in my home in the middle of May...
We've had one of the warmest Springs in quite some time. March and April were unseasonably warm, and much sunnier than usual. Did you post a question about how warm it was back a month or two ago? (rhetorical question)

Check out the interwebs. There's all kinds of info on Michigan average highs and lows throughout the year. I think there may even be a section for that on this website..

Actually, this thread belongs in the section of this forum: "Why is my right foot attached to my right leg, and my left foot attached to my left leg" and other similar questions.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:53 AM

362 posts, read 695,822 times
Isn't it great Saturday I had to tie my hat on as I split more fire wood between the rain showers we needed dearly. Sunday was a beautiful sunny day for the moms although still to early to plant flowers and we did have that frosty reminder early in the morning. Today is a day to die for here in Michigan. Frost early in the morning to kill off the nasty bugs, sweat shirt to go walking in the woods with the pups and now a T shirt is what is needed.
No sweat running off the forehead into the eyes while doing minor work. No sweat wet shirt sticking to ones body.
No air needed either.

OH AND THE RUSSIAN OLIVES ARE IN BLOOM. The whole country side smells so great.

If you think this May is cold do a weather history search of June 1961.
May 8th 1964 we had a tornado hit the state and 11 died.
Also in May 9th 1923 we had 10 inches of snow on the ground.

Al

Old 05-10-2010, 11:57 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,900,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
Isn't it great Saturday I had to tie my hat on as I split more fire wood between the rain showers we needed dearly. Sunday was a beautiful sunny day for the moms although still to early to plant flowers and we did have that frosty reminder early in the morning. Today is a day to die for here in Michigan. Frost early in the morning to kill off the nasty bugs, sweat shirt to go walking in the woods with the pups and now a T shirt is what is needed.
No sweat running off the forehead into the eyes while doing minor work. No sweat wet shirt sticking to ones body.
No air needed either.

OH AND THE RUSSIAN OLIVES ARE IN BLOOM. The whole country side smells so great.

If you think this May is cold do a weather history search of June 1961.
May 8th 1964 we had a tornado hit the state and 11 died.
Also in May 9th 1923 we had 10 inches of snow on the ground.

Al
Today is absolutely beautiful! I say as long as the temp. is between 55-75 and its sunny, its a perfect day. I cannot stand to be working...or playing, and sweating. And what a great day for a walk in the woods. I wish I had some around to go walking in

Old 05-10-2010, 01:12 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,642,026 times
Maybe it's the sweating thing that makes the difference in people's tolerance to heat or cold. Now to me anything below 70 is chilly. A 55 degree day is outright cold in my view, and I am never bothered by the fact I'm sweating on a hot day. In fact, I love those hot days when I can look forward to soaking in a cool tub before going to bed.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:59 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
Maybe it's the sweating thing that makes the difference in people's tolerance to heat or cold. Now to me anything below 70 is chilly. A 55 degree day is outright cold in my view, and I am never bothered by the fact I'm sweating on a hot day. In fact, I love those hot days when I can look forward to soaking in a cool tub before going to bed.
and....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan