Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:28 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,924,743 times

Advertisements

What I'm more peeved about (off-topic) is the thickness of the ABU fabric--it's so stinkin hot when I go outside, I'm drenched in sweat in no time. Why can't they make it the same type of fabric as the Marines and Army's? Hopefully the PT gear's will be switched to cotton (shirt) instead of parts polyester.

--- rant over ---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 01:49 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,707,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanrose20 View Post
On our base people have been blousing their pants a bit longer and just bringing the bloused end over the boot. gives the appearance they want without having to tuck it into your boot.
Basically what I do...I had elastics hemmed, pull it over the top of the boot and flip them up. The reason they went to blousing was in heavy rain, water flows directly side your boot. The blousing brings water away from the boots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicejb View Post
What I'm more peeved about (off-topic) is the thickness of the ABU fabric--it's so stinkin hot when I go outside, I'm drenched in sweat in no time. Why can't they make it the same type of fabric as the Marines and Army's? Hopefully the PT gear's will be switched to cotton (shirt) instead of parts polyester.

--- rant over ---
There may be a newer uniform replacement coming...Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) is pushing for new uniforms. All politics, unsure if he knows it'll never pass and during re-election he can say "see, I tried to get you the uniforms you needed". PT is increase the poly % in the shirts...People like the "sweat wicking" of poly. If my personal gym time, I wear cotton...

Old 06-26-2009, 04:23 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,924,743 times
cotton is my preference

Old 06-27-2009, 07:27 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,991,144 times
ARGGGHHH!?!? I'm glad I retired last year. I can't believe they are going back to the pegged pantleg tucked into the boots like back in the 80's.

I bloused my trousers with steel blousing springs like the Marines use for the last 10 years of my career. They never pulled up or looked bad. I hate the tucked in look.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:10 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,707,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
They never pulled up or looked bad. I hate the tucked in look.
I just don't get mindset...I hear all the time people say something along the lines of "sage boots in BDUs looks like crap!"

The standard for rating levels of attractiveness is on a scale of one through ten.

My mindset is any blousing or non blousing technique or any color boot equals the same rating, a ZERO...I could really care less they went to bell bottom and tie-dye color boots.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:39 PM

123 posts, read 271,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicejb View Post

--- rant over ---
Actually, The ABU fabric is supposedly the same as the Marines pants fabric. The AF thought they would go one better and make the top out of the same fabric to ensure more longevity in both top and bottoms.
This is where the whole "heavy thickness hotness of the blouse", issue came about. They have since then taken the inside liner of the blouse out but it is still a cotton-synthetic blend. I have a few co-workers that have the all-cotton uniform and they don't last as long as the blends do.
I have the synthetics and have deployed with them and sure they are a bit hot, but you can get acclimated to anything i think.

(I suppose just my $.02)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues