Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 08:33 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,315,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Look, we just want you to stop killing babies that's all we're asking.
And pregnant women just want conservatives to mind their own business and keep their intrusive "morals" at a distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
You may be confusing me with someone else. I haven't spoken about abortion on this thread.
Sorry 'bout that!

Quote:
But since we're talking about abortion, let me just start off by saying that I am a pro-choice Christian, but for years I was pro-life. I used to think that giving a baby up for adoption was the only moral way to deal with an unwanted pregnancy, even if the pregnancy was the result of a rape.

I changed my mind when I was a substitute teacher for a 7th grade class. One of my students, Veronica, was tiny for her age—tiny, everywhere except for her belly, which was huge due to her pregnancy. She’d been molested by her uncle, who was arrested and jailed. Her poor and very devout Catholic parents wouldn’t allow Veronica to get an abortion, nor could she give the baby up for adoption. The family would keep the baby, and Veronica would be her mother. After all, the Bible is full of women who became mothers at that age.

Unfortunately, many conservatives don't care. Some even think that a rape baby is a "gift of god."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 08:06 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We are great apes. We are animals.
Right from the satanic bible.

'Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

I don't believe that.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:38 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Cities in the Midwest aren't the same as cities in the North East. I'll agree with you there. But they're still far denser with more character and culture than any sunbelt city. Suburbs included.
ha!

sarcasm?

Old 12-15-2018, 10:40 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Do not speak for me. I have no idea how these places voted. Even if 100% progressive they would still be atrocious places to live lifestyle wise.

Politics are more important than religions. Religions are based on superstitions. Politics, on values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
This is an interesting point, but with the absence of religion politics takes the place and become a cult in itself. It's seems as if humans need to fill a void when religion disappears. The state eventually fills the void and the final result is some sort of authoritarian marxist oppressive society. The state become the god and to disobey the state is heresy or a sin.

It's the end result of a progressive agenda. They can't help themselves. They are addicted to change and control.
This is where the thread was hijacked.

Why?

Old 12-16-2018, 08:48 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,860,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This is where the thread was hijacked.

Why?
Because some CD posters have agendas and believe to their core that THEIR agenda trumps anyone else topic or concern. CD forum, due to it's ease of use and anonymity, makes it easy to be a "Carnival barker."

Old 12-16-2018, 09:48 PM

512 posts, read 474,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Because some CD posters have agendas and believe to their core that THEIR agenda trumps anyone else topic or concern. CD forum, due to it's ease of use and anonymity, makes it easy to be a "Carnival barker."
As if you don't have an agenda which includes fear-mongering and blaming minorities for your personal problems, which you've demonstrated many times on this forum (hint: Illinois' economy is taking a blow because of dem' darn hoodrats!). As if issues within that certain community affects you........

Old 12-17-2018, 05:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Look, we just want you to stop killing babies that's all we're asking.

Since no one is killing babies, all is well then. Just don't go all conservatives are small government and what to keep out of individual's lives when they show they are the exact opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Right from the satanic bible.

'Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible

I don't believe that.

Zoology textbooks are satanic bibles? Who bleeping knew?

Quote:
Indeed. I was trying to have a nice discussion about the original post, and its topic, the city of Milwaukee, and people try to hijack it with their promotion of the horrible suburbs which were off topic. It's a shame. Damn shame.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:47 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,860,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
As if you don't have an agenda which includes fear-mongering and blaming minorities for your personal problems, which you've demonstrated many times on this forum (hint: Illinois' economy is taking a blow because of dem' darn hoodrats!). As if issues within that certain community affects you........
Lordy - How do you infer that?? I have NEVER blamed any minority group for issues I encounter. I have challenged the thought process that only looks to identity politics to garner power.

My life is awesome. It even affords me a few minutes to come on here once in a while and see what's going on.

Your racism has so blinded you that you cannot even comprehend anymore.

You my friend, are the ultimate CD Forum, Carney barker. Heck, Walker will soon be long gone, Trump's agenda is shot and he is under attack constantly and likely to lose reelection. All of which should make you happy. Yet you cannot let anything go. On here anyway, all you talk about is politics and how racist America is.

Have a great 2019.

Milwaukee is a nice city.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:05 PM

512 posts, read 474,528 times
Quote:
Lordy - How do you infer that?? I have NEVER blamed any minority group for issues I encounter. I have challenged the thought process that only looks to identity politics to garner power.

My life is awesome. It even affords me a few minutes to come on here once in a while and see what's going on.

Your racism has so blinded you that you cannot even comprehend anymore.

You my friend, are the ultimate CD Forum, Carney barker. Heck, Walker will soon be long gone, Trump's agenda is shot and he is under attack constantly and likely to lose reelection. All of which should make you happy. Yet you cannot let anything go. On here anyway, all you talk about is politics and how racist America is.

Have a great 2019.

Milwaukee is a nice city.
It is pure deflection when someone calls a minority racist when they're called out for it.

Anyway, I am sorry that we never see eye to eye on things on C-D. This thread has veered off-topic enough, so maybe we should just leave our discussion here.

Happy New Years to you as well! Enjoy the rain in Oregon!

Old 12-17-2018, 03:16 PM

253 posts, read 394,347 times
This thread has most certainly gone haywire!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee