Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 05:24 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times

Advertisements

SkyLark2019, please do, AND try our pizza!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2023, 08:39 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
What's the fix? I have a suggestion.....instead of just letting these guys go, see, they get dozens and dozens of tickets but just rip them up. So, how about arrests and jail time? This is serious and what the heck is the mayor doing about it? Lip service as usual and nothing.

Get a federal grant if you have to, borrow if you have to and install traffic cameras EVERYWHERE and go after these killer clowns behind wheels.

I live in the burbs but drive through the city often, north side, you better be 100 percent alert, ASSUME the driver you see coming from the right in front of you WILL go through that stop sign. He will.
I live north of Milwaukee, but won't hesitate driving through the north side any time. Capitol Drive, Silver Spring, Good Hope, Brown Deer Rd... Obviously I am naming just major drive through arteries there, but I've traveled all north-south streets in the area too. I travel 60th st, 73rd st, 93rd, Range Line... The roads are a bit not perfect, but not too bad. People are minding their own business. I haven't noticed any majorly free-for-all driving in the area, save for an occasional speeding by someone. True , the cars are in different conditions of disrepair (while most cars are good, some are rusted or missing parts). That's a working class neighborhood after all. But nothing I haven't seen in any other cities, and I've seen a lot of them.

Old 12-02-2023, 05:08 AM

676 posts, read 202,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I live north of Milwaukee, but won't hesitate driving through the north side any time. Capitol Drive, Silver Spring, Good Hope, Brown Deer Rd... Obviously I am naming just major drive through arteries there, but I've traveled all north-south streets in the area too. I travel 60th st, 73rd st, 93rd, Range Line... The roads are a bit not perfect, but not too bad. People are minding their own business. I haven't noticed any majorly free-for-all driving in the area, save for an occasional speeding by someone. True , the cars are in different conditions of disrepair (while most cars are good, some are rusted or missing parts). That's a working class neighborhood after all. But nothing I haven't seen in any other cities, and I've seen a lot of them.
Good to hear it's not that crazy, I hope. My buddy lives on Hampton Ave near Timmerman field, I swear, every few minutes a car must zip by going 70, easy. I noticed a few running stop signs north of Capitol in just a few minutes of driving the other day myself.

Old 12-02-2023, 07:24 PM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
Bizarrely enough this makes me want to visit Milwaukee......................
I find Milwaukee to be one of the most beautiful cities in America. Its got this old time charm to it. Relaxing downtown. The city is not too big or small. I have no idea how I would feel about living there as it changes everything but as a visitor its very nice.

Old 12-04-2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
Good to hear it's not that crazy, I hope. My buddy lives on Hampton Ave near Timmerman field, I swear, every few minutes a car must zip by going 70, easy. I noticed a few running stop signs north of Capitol in just a few minutes of driving the other day myself.
Been there, as well. Not the best part of the city, but nothing too crazy.

Hampton is kind of city-long through street, not Capitol or Silver Spring, but nonetheless... And there are people who are in a hurry, there's nothing you can do about it. People can fly through the nicest and quietest neighborhood at 3AM and what? Having said that, Hampton's asphalt is not too good, quite a number of pot holes. I'd rather not drive too fast there. On the other hand, I was driving from Capitol in Brookfield to Fairmount in Whitefish Bay and while Hampton wasn't my no 1 choice, I've driven it a number of times when driving West to East. The lights there cooperate with you if you drive in a steady speed, not like 70 mph, but I think 40-50 mph (obviously still +10-20 over the limit) were so good there

Last edited by brrabbit; 12-04-2023 at 02:39 PM..

Old 12-04-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I find Milwaukee to be one of the most beautiful cities in America. Its got this old time charm to it. Relaxing downtown. The city is not too big or small. I have no idea how I would feel about living there as it changes everything but as a visitor its very nice.
Depends on time of the year you're visiting. It's one thing to fall in love with Milwaukee in summer, it's totally different beast in February.

Old 12-13-2023, 01:27 PM

676 posts, read 202,980 times
73 people killed so far in 2023 by reckless driving in MKE.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-dead-...145231720.html

Old 12-21-2023, 01:33 PM

117 posts, read 84,087 times
I guess wish me luck since i'll be driving thru the northside to pick up my daughter tomorrow. I thought she was gonna move out of the city once & for all so i still can't believe she moved into more of the thick of it.

Old 12-23-2023, 05:44 AM

5,976 posts, read 7,365,693 times
You’ll be fine.

RM

Old 12-28-2023, 12:34 PM

117 posts, read 84,087 times
Wow i just heard about this https://www.fox6now.com/news/delafie...s-dead-charges Happened on the outskirts of Milwaukee. The cops probably wouldn't have even tried to stop him if he only had plates on the car. Seems like the lax policies in Milwaukee are putting people in danger out in the burbs too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee