Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:58 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,102,936 times

Advertisements

April-October isn't bad at all, but Dec-Feb is like hell for me. Nov can be mildy warm or below average and the same for march.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 AM

104 posts, read 416,254 times
jjacobeclark- I still disagree that the Hamilton High School area is diverse. While the High School itself may be diverse because of bussing, that does not reflect the neighborhood. For the zip code 53220- which is where Hamilton is, it is 90% white and .09% African American. Alverno College area(53219) is 91.1% white and 1% AA.
Riverside(53211) also has a large AA student community, but the neighborhood itself is 89% white and 2.4% AA. So even the East Side is less diverse then I thought. I do not know if students from UWM are included in the numbers for 53211

queenvic, Riverside High is near where you will be going to school, It is an area called The East Side and is a neat area. From there it a hop, skip, and a jump to Riverwest, Brady Street area, Downtown , Bayview, etc... I honestly do not think you or your husband will have any problems. Unless you are both the most gorgeous people in the world, if that is the case, then yes, there will be staring!!

As for weather- if you live in WI you have to be like a boy scout. Always be prepared. If you decide to live near campus you will be cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. That isn't saying much whenit is 98 degrees and humid or 7 below and the wind chill feels like 20 below!

Old 12-30-2008, 06:57 AM

603 posts, read 2,358,486 times
My friend is also African American with a white husband and they feel very comfortable in Wauwatosa and the Milwaukee neighborhoods that border it, (specifically, Endris Park, Washington Heights, Mount Mary). Anywhere in Wauwatosa would work.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:55 AM

130 posts, read 386,738 times
I noticed the home prices in Racine are a little cheaper. Does anyone know that area well enough to tell me if it will be conducive to my situation in the original posting? Thanks a lot.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:41 AM

603 posts, read 2,358,486 times
I think as far as an interracial couple, Racine would be fine, if you don't mind the commute to college. The drive might be about 45-50 minutes (I think).

Old 01-04-2009, 07:17 AM

104 posts, read 416,254 times
I agree with littledog- I think the drive would be a negative.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Yep, if you're going to school at UWM (I think that's where you're going) it is pointless to live in Racine & make the drive. You'll be able to find something in Milwaukee & not have to deal w/that headache everyday.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I doubt anybody would be staring at you here. There are many mixed couples here, usually white females with Black males though, so in that regard you're a little different. I always thought Black women were repulsed by white guys except for Justin Timberlake and Brad Pitt. Shows what I know. If you have kids I would look on Southwest Side of Milwaukee near Alverno College and Hamilton High School because it is the most diverse and racially harmonious part of town. If you're childless then go with the areas bordering Downtown like Riverwest, Brewer's Hill, and the East Side as they tend to be very liberal just not kid friendly.

Why in the world would anyone be repulsed by a white man? White men are hot are the best eye candy and then some.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desire12 View Post
Why in the world would anyone be repulsed by a white man? White men are hot are the best eye candy and then some.
I was half joking when I posted that, now I wish I would have kept it to myself. I was just commenting that it seems that you barely ever see white guys with Black girls unless it's Justin Timberlake with Janet Jackson or Rihanna with Shia LaBeouf. I always get shot down when I approach Black women, come to think of it I usually get shot down when I try to pick up any girl.

I actually do have a friend back in Denver who only dates wealthy white guys age 40 or older, kinda creepy IMO since she is in her early 20s.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post

I actually do have a friend back in Denver who only dates wealthy white guys age 40 or older, kinda creepy IMO since she is in her early 20s.
That's what we call a "gold digger".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee