Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Milwaukee A Dangerous City?
No/Nie 92 67.15%
Yes/Tak 45 32.85%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 05:19 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,929 times

Advertisements

Nice work making assumptions about me Fragile... At one point after being laid off as a mortgage closer, I once took a job doing door to door sales in the hood walking around with hundreds of dollars of cash on me... But I guess you already knew that? Since.. You know.. You know everything about me and my past. That kind of a mystic quality has gotta come in handy!! Also used to work in a printing facility where I saw a coworker get his finger crushed into useless pulp between two rollers. But you already knew that, too. Not to mention, I'M A CAB DRIVER... you know, total strangers getting into a confined area with me thousands of times each year.
So please... Keep telling me what I've experienced.

Empi... Believe it or not, murder rates usually account for a large portion of whether people consider a city to be a safe city or not. Probably why murder rates are the first thing listed in safe/dangerous city lists as well.

Again, I have to wonder why we are only discussing negative things. I realize we are only a thread titled "Is Milwaukee a Dangerous City" ... Which means there are several people thinking it is ... But YOU GUYS can't get off the nuts of anyone who happens to think Milwaukee is in need of some changes/help. Like I said, where is all the hate and disgust when other things are being discussed? No, THAT'S cool as long as Milwaukee is being repped in a positive manner.

At least Cheese acknowledged he has one-third of the experience in Milwaukee that I do lol... Too funny. But since I left in 2013, my opinion doesn't matter.

You guys are goofy dude...

So... With this thread... Is Milwaukee a Dangerous City? I wonder how a 2015 version of this would turn out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 12:16 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Nice work making assumptions about me Fragile... At one point after being laid off as a mortgage closer, I once took a job doing door to door sales in the hood walking around with hundreds of dollars of cash on me... But I guess you already knew that? Since.. You know.. You know everything about me and my past. That kind of a mystic quality has gotta come in handy!! Also used to work in a printing facility where I saw a coworker get his finger crushed into useless pulp between two rollers. But you already knew that, too. Not to mention, I'M A CAB DRIVER... you know, total strangers getting into a confined area with me thousands of times each year.

Empi... Believe it or not, murder rates usually account for a large portion of whether people consider a city to be a safe city or not. Probably why murder rates are the first thing listed in safe/dangerous city lists as well.
And murder rates determine whether a country is safe. The US has high rates. Are you scared of the US? We've been through this before. *yawn*

Quote:
Again, I have to wonder why we are only discussing negative things. I realize we are only a thread titled "Is Milwaukee a Dangerous City" ... Which means there are several people thinking it is ... But YOU GUYS can't get off the nuts of anyone who happens to think Milwaukee is in need of some changes/help. Like I said, where is all the hate and disgust when other things are being discussed? No, THAT'S cool as long as Milwaukee is being repped in a positive manner.
There's a difference between negative yet rational (on the one hand) and hysterical (on the other).

Old 06-02-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
And murder rates determine whether a country is safe. The US has high rates. Are you scared of the US? We've been through this before. *yawn*

There's a difference between negative yet rational (on the one hand) and hysterical (on the other).
I think many people factor murder rates into whether a city is safe or not. This thread for example, the very first thing mentioned by the OP is what... Murder rates. When you look at violent crime statistics, the very first thing typically listed is what... Murder rates.

So obviously, just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean that other people aren't paying attention to it. Just because you want to sweep it under the rug, doesn't mean it isn't a factor to someone else. Why have homicide trackers and crime websites to begin with if no one cares?

Old 06-02-2015, 08:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:

At least Cheese acknowledged he has one-third of the experience in Milwaukee that I do lol... Too funny. But since I left in 2013, my opinion doesn't matter.

You guys are goofy dude...

So... With this thread... Is Milwaukee a Dangerous City? I wonder how a 2015 version of this would turn out.
Lol, I assumed nothing about you, you did that on your own. Obviously, people here take issues w/your posts because you're negative & incorrect &....you don't live here. Period. End of story.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:17 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,882 times
Quote:
I think many people factor murder rates into whether a city is safe or not. This thread for example, the very first thing mentioned by the OP is what... Murder rates. When you look at violent crime statistics, the very first thing typically listed is what... Murder rates.

So obviously, just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean that other people aren't paying attention to it. Just because you want to sweep it under the rug, doesn't mean it isn't a factor to someone else. Why have homicide trackers and crime websites to begin with if no one cares?
If Milwaukee is dangerous, then you'd better get to all the other city forums and alert the local populaces of the impending apocalypse OH MY GOD THEY ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! Quick, you're wasting your time with Milwaukee, which isn't on any top murder rate surveys I can find via 3 pages of a google search. Here are the first few results:

Top 30 US murder rates (where the heckity-heck is Milwaukee, MURDER CITY USA??): Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Top 10 murder rates (where's Milwaukee?): These Are The Major U.S. Cities With The Highest Murder Rates, According To The FBI

Top 10 (they forgot Milwaukee again!!!): America

Top 5, you better email them as they skipped Murderwaukee again: 5 biggest murder capitals in the U.S. - MarketWatch

All of these are up-to-date 2014 results.

----------

Additionally, most major US cities have seen murder rates drop from the highs in the 80s during the crack epidemic, including Milwaukee, with marked improvement: In major cities, murder rates drop precipitously - The Washington Post

It's clear that you are simply here to stir crap and not contribute anything of use to the locals who already know the city or the people who come here with serious questions about the city.

Last edited by Yac; 06-11-2015 at 07:22 AM..

Old 06-02-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
For some posters, simply walking out the door in the morning requires great strength of character & bravery. I think they truly believe that one will get blown away the second they walk out their safe little haven. It's such a foolish way to view a city, truly. I live in Riverwest, I work on the north side in probably the worst area of the north side & yet I don't feel the need to move because I so scared! I think working in the sketchiest area & living in a slightly less sketchy area gives one a bit more leverage than someone who A. doesn't live here nor B. had any kind of experience such as working or living in those areas. But hey, that won't stop them, they'll still come on here flapping their hands, the perfect predictors of doom.
So then what exactly did you mean by all this? Seems like point B is quite the assumption, no? Cause now you're just backtracking after openly talking $hit about someone you dont even know.

At least I post facts about a city... Seems the Milwaukee backers just sling, sling, sling all the crap they want on a personal basis.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
If Milwaukee is dangerous, then you'd better get to all the other city forums and alert the local populaces of the impending apocalypse OH MY GOD THEY ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! Quick, you're wasting your time with Milwaukee, which isn't on any top murder rate surveys I can find via 3 pages of a google search. Here are the first few results:

Top 30 US murder rates (where the heckity-heck is Milwaukee, MURDER CITY USA??): Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Top 10 murder rates (where's Milwaukee?): These Are The Major U.S. Cities With The Highest Murder Rates, According To The FBI

Top 10 (they forgot Milwaukee again!!!): America

Top 5, you better email them as they skipped Murderwaukee again: 5 biggest murder capitals in the U.S. - MarketWatch

All of these are up-to-date 2014 results.

----------

Additionally, most major US cities have seen murder rates drop from the highs in the 80s during the crack epidemic, including Milwaukee, with marked improvement: In major cities, murder rates drop precipitously - The Washington Post

It's clear that you are simply here to stir crap and not contribute anything of use to the locals who already know the city or the people who come here with serious questions about the city.
Actually I probably wouldn't do that because I dont have a personal connection to other major metros besides Milwaukee and Las Vegas... Which is where is do 95% of my posting... But since I have lived in Milwaukee three times longer than you have Son, I feel I can post about it. Maybe next time you can upload a picture of your City Data badge since you all feel you can police where posters are allowed to comment.

Last edited by Yac; 06-11-2015 at 07:22 AM..

Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
So then what exactly did you mean by all this? Seems like point B is quite the assumption, no? Cause now you're just backtracking after openly talking $hit about someone you dont even know.

At least I post facts about a city... Seems the Milwaukee backers just sling, sling, sling all the crap they want on a personal basis.
Hey, that's your problem if you assume everyone is talking about you when no name is mentioned. Sounding a little defensive there.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:35 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
Quote:

Who said I didn't care or think it's important? I don't have to agree with every word you say, and still I can claim to care about the issue and think that stats are important. But facts are just the first step--how you interpret them and use them are another thing. The fact that you infer that I "don't care" because I don't agree with how you interpret the facts is a stark example of the wrinkles in your logic. You have a lot to learn in how facts are processed, and that's why your hysterical pronouncements are met with derision. If you think the pro-Mke folks are too quick to defend the city, we think you are too alarmist, too quick to attack, and too quick to draw broad conclusions on the basis of a narrow set of information. So, there you have it.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
Who said I didn't care or think it's important? I don't have to agree with every word you say, and still I can claim to care about the issue and think that stats are important. But facts are just the first step--how you interpret them and use them are another thing. The fact that you infer that I "don't care" because I don't agree with how you interpret the facts is a stark example of the wrinkles in your logic. You have a lot to learn in how facts are processed, and that's why your hysterical pronouncements are met with derision. If you think the pro-Mke folks are too quick to defend the city, we think you are too alarmist, too quick to attack, and too quick to draw broad conclusions on the basis of a narrow set of information. So, there you have it.
Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee