Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times

Advertisements

Now Milwaukee has way too many festivals to list so what is your fav. Milwaukee festival? Wether it's a church festival or Polish Fest what are some of your fav's.

I used to like St. Adalbert's church festival, St.Rita's, St.Roman's, St. Helen's polka fest. I also like Lakefront festival of the arts, Greek Fest, St. Sava Serbian Days, Irish fest, Arab World Fest, Festa and Bastille Days.

In the words of Michael Bolton: I pretty much like 'em all.

OnMilwaukee.com Festival Guide: Church festivals serve up neighborhood fun

Milwaukee Summer Festivals 2009 - A Listing of Summer Festivals in Milwaukee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 05:36 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Hmmm, I'm not really sure. I'm such a loser I haven't gone to many festivals in awhile. Oh wait, I love Indian Summer, so I'll say that one.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:25 PM

6 posts, read 28,347 times
I think they stopped doing the Asian Moon festival. Too bad, that was my fave.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 AM

104 posts, read 416,387 times
My Favs -
Irishfest
Germanfest
Festa

Does State Fair count?

Locust Street Day

Any church fest around my side of town. Riverwest/East Side

Old 06-21-2009, 09:45 AM

200 posts, read 600,696 times
Asian Moon festival was my favorite but apparently they are no longer putting it on.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:27 PM

80 posts, read 548,468 times
Used to love Jazz in the Park, but I'm abstaining from it this year. So I'd say Locust Street Day.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:30 PM

24 posts, read 80,040 times
Irish Fest. OMG! I don't know if it's the liquor or just because the Irish are so friendly, but everybody is welcome there. Indian Summer comes in at a close second.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:42 AM

319 posts, read 634,481 times
The Frolics, just for the parade (although this year was kind of lame). Summer Soulstice on North is pretty fun. Locust Street Days, although the amount of yahoos walking their dogs through the middle of it drives me nuts. Bayview Bash gets bigger every year, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at this point. The block party that Burnheart's did on 4th of July was a good time.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:09 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,314,851 times
From what I understand, the Asian Moon fest has transformed into a genuine street festival around the National/35th area. Not sure if it's a yearly thing still, but I hope so.

I'm not a big fan of the Summerfest venue (Maier Festival Park) for the festivals (too standardized and predictable), but as far as content goes, I've enjoyed Irish Fest a lot.One of these days I hope to go to Arab Fest, though I'll have to miss it this year.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:14 PM

105 posts, read 357,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abymais View Post
Irish Fest. OMG! I don't know if it's the liquor or just because the Irish are so friendly, but everybody is welcome there. Indian Summer comes in at a close second.
I totally agree!

Irishfest is just a FUN, FUN, place to be...everyone is pleasant, the music is excellent and lively, the food is tasty and the beer is cold...what more could you ask for! This is where we got a great price on a trip to Ireland, too! Ireland is a beautiful, friendly place to travel!

And we also really enjoy Indian Summer...the Pow Wow is worth the trip, and I also really enjoy their Sunday morning service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee