Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 PM

8,292 posts, read 23,127,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHistory09 View Post
Not when it comes to Florida though, right?!
Ha got me there!!!!!

No but really my first and only true love will always be Milwaukee City!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 06:41 AM

196 posts, read 474,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Ha got me there!!!!!

No but really my first and only true love will always be Milwaukee City!
Haha! I just knew I'd be able to get you with Florida. I actually thought you weren't very fond of Milwaukee but were making the best of it because of your wife's job here but I stand corrected. I should have figured as much given your knowledge and beautiful photos of the Milwaukee area.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:49 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,622,906 times
Just a note to say how much my family enjoyed our day in Milwaukee.
A trip thru the Art Museum and walk along the lake front started the day.What an amazing building. Very beautiful location and really decent collection. Certainly worth the trip. Easy parking underground.

Then an "interesting" lunch at The Safehouse (never been before) We had our 13 yr old with us, and he thouroghly enjoyed the silliness, being able to sing "I'm a Little Teapot" while still remaining cooool (This was our entrance demand, not knowing the password) We have certainly had better tasting food, but it was still fun.

We walked around the area a bit,very quiet,very clean,beautiful buildings.
Drove along the lakefront and found many of the homes rival the North SHore of Chicago. Drove thru alot of different and very nice n'hoods.
Ended up for coffee and ice cream at Cedarburg, also never been.Town is so cute it could be a movie set.

We all promised we would be back at summer. Have to come back in warmer weather and enjoy the riverfront.
We were impressed with the city and surprsed at ourselves for not taking the time to explore before,, its such an easy trip from the NW burbs of Chicago. We have always just zipped by on our way up north.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
We were impressed with the city and surprsed at ourselves for not taking the time to explore before,, its such an easy trip from the NW burbs of Chicago. We have always just zipped by on our way up north.
Yeah there is a lot more than Miller Park and the Bradley Center or as in your case the UC or O'hare. It's amazing how many people say "oh I've been to Chicago, I go to O'hare all the time"

True they have been "to" Chicago but they really never went to Chicago. Same thing in Milwaukee. I like how people enjoy bashing a city but when you ask them where they went it's always "oh well we went to Miller Park or the Bradley Center".

So it's refreshing when you can actually get out and see a city.

Glad you had fun. I have had friends that always used to trash Chicago but until I took them to somewhere other than the UC or O'Hare they were pleasantly surprised on how nice the city was.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:43 PM

Anyone notice the changes with google maps? now most of central Milwaukee shows all building outlines and google also released new areas from last summer that were not on street view. For instance Where I live wasn't available in street view and I just clicked it and now it is with a bunch of new sections where google missed last time. So chances are if a section was missing from street view now it should be up and also the new street view was taken last summer.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:29 AM

196 posts, read 474,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Anyone notice the changes with google maps? now most of central Milwaukee shows all building outlines and google also released new areas from last summer that were not on street view. For instance Where I live wasn't available in street view and I just clicked it and now it is with a bunch of new sections where google missed last time. So chances are if a section was missing from street view now it should be up and also the new street view was taken last summer.
How often do they update Google Maps? Also, do you know how the Google Map videotaping process works: what kind car they travel in that apparently has cam corders all over and underneath it. I'm confused! Also, they travel into the most dangerous areas of each city? What do they do for safety purposes? I wouldn't be caught dead in some of the areas Google travels through or perhaps I would be caught dead. Judging from the look up things, they were in some bad parts of Milwaukee pretty late in the evening.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHistory09 View Post
How often do they update Google Maps? Also, do you know how the Google Map videotaping process works: what kind car they travel in that apparently has cam corders all over and underneath it. I'm confused! Also, they travel into the most dangerous areas of each city? What do they do for safety purposes? I wouldn't be caught dead in some of the areas Google travels through or perhaps I would be caught dead. Judging from the look up things, they were in some bad parts of Milwaukee pretty late in the evening.
If you notice one area where the google car hasn't gone is Gary,IN the whole city is left out. It's kinda funny when you zoom out and select the street view. The whole area around gary is all blue with Gary,IN all white.

I take that back the now have half of Gary!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:14 PM

28 posts, read 138,150 times
Hello ppl, i would be very happy to learn something new about Milwaukee. Maybe once, when i won DV lottery, come to leave in your town.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolarandjelovic View Post
Hello ppl, i would be very happy to learn something new about Milwaukee. Maybe once, when i won DV lottery, come to leave in your town.
Well we have a lot of Serbian's and Russian's here in Milwaukee along with a lot of Polish people and plenty of eastern European influence.

History of Milwaukee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-17-2010, 08:10 PM

Fear The Deer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee