Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:31 PM

196 posts, read 473,771 times

Advertisements

I'm African American and this white guy I was dating told me never under any circumstances move to Delafield. He told me how the white people are racist there. He told me how one of his friends got stopped when he wasn't speeding at all and had to pay a ticket. He told me his friend didn't even act in accordance with any black stereotypes. Just was stopped and received a ticket. He says people in Delafield are like that because he has a job there and ought to know. I ended up dumping this white guy a little while back because he wasn't my type. Thoughts? Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 07:03 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
No it's not! after a ton of Milwaukee suburbs consist of people from the city of Milwaukee that moved out there. Delafield isn't Alabama and not even close. The guy sounds like a whack job!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 AM

711 posts, read 1,688,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHistory09 View Post
I'm African American and this white guy I was dating told me never under any circumstances move to Delafield. He told me how the white people are racist there. He told me how one of his friends got stopped when he wasn't speeding at all and had to pay a ticket. He told me his friend didn't even act in accordance with any black stereotypes. Just was stopped and received a ticket. He says people in Delafield are like that because he has a job there and ought to know. I ended up dumping this white guy a little while back because he wasn't my type. Thoughts? Comments?
I've only known a handful of people from Delafield, but they were all very snobbish although it's not like they were wealthy. Also, they did tend to make off-hand racist comments after a few drinks, I try not to spend much time at all with them.

Take my anecdotal comment for what it is...

Old 12-18-2017, 03:23 AM

4 posts, read 5,225 times
Delafield people are just angry because no one knows where delafield is.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:37 PM

512 posts, read 473,744 times
Yes, pretty much all of the Waukesha suburbs are racist. The same is true for the Washington and Ozaukee County suburbs. Many people in the WOW counties are white flight veteran residents and thus reside there based on their resentment towards ethnic minorities. As a person of color who ventures out to Waukesha every week, I speak from first-hand and years of experience.

And anyone who begs to differ is either white (and therefore willfully heedless to the pervasiveness of racism or systemic oppression) or lives in Waukesha or one of the WOW counties.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:43 AM

549 posts, read 848,223 times
^^^ Completely agree with InnovativeAmerica. I would never advise a person of color to move to Waukesha, Washington, or Ozaukee counties.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:37 AM

25 posts, read 24,469 times
well OP, you heard it here first. Because 2 people on the internet say so. Everywhere outside of the city of Milwaukee limits are racist. Dont even drive through, thats how racist. In fact, dont even look at a google map of the area. If you do, the racists will track you down and spam you with ads for only white people products.
Note the sarcasm. And since i want this sarcasm to really stick. I did some quick research. Between Wash. Wauk. and Ozauk. Counties, there is about 610,000 people. and every last one of them is a stone cold racist. Because the two posters above me say so.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:07 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProkNo5 View Post
^^^ Completely agree with InnovativeAmerica. I would never advise a person of color to move to Waukesha, Washington, or Ozaukee counties.

I don't know about Wash or Ozauk, but completely cosign on Waukesha. No go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youAREnotSAFE View Post
well OP, you heard it here first. Because 2 people on the internet say so. Everywhere outside of the city of Milwaukee limits are racist. Dont even drive through, thats how racist. In fact, dont even look at a google map of the area. If you do, the racists will track you down and spam you with ads for only white people products.
Note the sarcasm. And since i want this sarcasm to really stick. I did some quick research. Between Wash. Wauk. and Ozauk. Counties, there is about 610,000 people. and every last one of them is a stone cold racist. Because the two posters above me say so.
Yawn. No one said nor implied any such thing.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:17 PM

73 posts, read 101,844 times
Wisconsin is one of the most openly racists states I've ever lived in - and that includes a few southern ones. They really think that their behavior is normal, so you aren't going to get many to admit there is a huge issue.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:29 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiP View Post
Wisconsin is one of the most openly racists states I've ever lived in - and that includes a few southern ones. They really think that their behavior is normal, so you aren't going to get many to admit there is a huge issue.

I love Wisconsin, I loved living there, but yeah, this is one of the large negatives. I would recommend WI to a lot of people, but not POC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee