Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 AM

581 posts, read 2,307,391 times

Advertisements

I've been with Chase for about 15 years now but there are no Chase
bank locations in St. Paul so I will need to switch over my banking..

Which bank in the St. Paul/Eagan area has the most locations, best service,
and allows online account viewing? (Free checks would be nice too)

Thanks
Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 AM

2,105 posts, read 4,600,015 times
Wells Fargo

Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,297,575 times
I agree-Wells Fargo. US Bank is also has a large presence in the Twin Cities but I don't like US Bank personally. We have free everything with Wells Fargo (checks, ATM's, etc).

Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
We use TCF, US Bank and Bank of the West for various reasons. We've had a fairly good experience with all three. I guess it all depends what you're looking for as all seem to have their strengths and weaknesses. Wells Fargo also has a fairly good reputation and seems to be readily available in the metro area.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:54 AM

581 posts, read 2,307,391 times
Wells Fargo it is.. I love the sound of "free everything"

Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 AM

143 posts, read 477,782 times
I used to work for Wells Fargo, and having known exactly how the bank operates, I have a hard time recommending them to anyone.

If many banking locations are up your alley, then Wells Fargo is your best bet. However, I prefer credit unions. My credit union (Unity One) has bent over backwards to make sure I'm a satisfied member. I have free access to many more ATMs than any major bank can provide (I've been to Europe 3 times in the past year and can withdraw cash from any ATM in Europe for FREE - Wells charges close to $20 each time you use this "feature") , and my credit union is part of "Shared Branch Banking" so I can walk in to most other credit unions with a deposit or whatever, and they'll be able to help me out the same as if I had walked into my own branch.

The issue I have with Wells Fargo is the emphasis on SALES. They are always trying to refer products and services to you. Wells products also cost a lot more than can be found other places. Each time I walk into Wells, they always want to sell something, regardless of if you need it or want it. It grows frustrating! Having worked at Wells, I can verify that they aggressively go after SALES GOALS for their employees -- even if you are a teller, you have to obtain a certain sales referral rate, close rate, etc.

Wells exists first-and-foremost to make a profit. Credit Unions are non-profits, so I reap the benefits of books needing to be balanced at the end of the year, which translates into better lending interest rates, better savings/CD interest rates, a more generous credit card, and a huge network where I can make free ATM withdrawals.

Those are my 2 cents anyhow.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:50 AM

6 posts, read 19,841 times
I wholeheartedly recommend my Credit Union, Wings Financial. They are much more customer friendly than the big banks. After their mergers are complete with Highgrove and City-County they will be almost as convenient.

www.wingsfinancial.com

Old 09-24-2010, 08:46 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,469,948 times
Don't go with Wells Fargo and don't go with Highland Bank.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,656,764 times
I use Wells Fargo - they are very happy to rip me off at every turn. I am not a happy customer of theirs.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:13 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,234,361 times
I am a happy Wells Fargo customer. Almost everything is free with my checking and savings. Wells Fargo has the most branches and ATMs. They also have the best online banking and mobile banking by far. They have a nice Android mobile phone app that I can use to check my balances, transfer money, or even pay my bills.

People that overdraft a lot usually don't like Wells Fargo because they do the largest to smallest transaction processing causing more overdraft fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul