Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 PM

59 posts, read 308,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Will do, don't trip on a snowbank on your way out of town.
Oh come on. I'm not that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
I tried my best throughout this thread to remain respectful and try to be as objective and helpful as possible. However, now that you mention it I'll be honest with you and say that I was thoroughly annoyed by most of your posts on this thread.....I'll just leave it at that. I do wish you the best in your new life in Chicago though. It's actually probably my favorite city in the U.S. and I also wouldn't mind living there some day.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:17 PM

70 posts, read 113,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Will do, don't trip on a snowbank on your way out of town.
Or do... just leave, thanks

Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,657,093 times
OK, I think he got the message.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:18 PM

455 posts, read 1,114,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew T. View Post
Wow, naive. And no, that is not my role.

I guess you don't understand sarcasm either, do you. Maybe your parents could help you with that.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:45 PM

356 posts, read 606,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew T. View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but EP seems like Eagan, but with a mall. Which, I currently live about 2 miles from MoA so that's not an issue.

... Am I correct in saying that Eagan is a blue collar community?
Andrew, what is your def'n of a blue collar community? We live in Rosemount and I do not consider Eagan, AV, Rosemount to be Blue Collar at all.

You are right, EP would be just like Eagan for you. I met a guy at a Thai restaurant in Uptown the other night. He moved to EP to take advantage of the housing prices and hates it. Very suburban, very little choice of restaurants except for typical chains.

It sounds like you want to live in a more upscale area, since you described the type of vehicles you like to see. I'm not sure your rental budget will get you into that type of area.

My first thought was going to be Uptown, but that is on your No list.

Does your transport have to be LRT or can it be a direct bus/

Old 03-28-2011, 02:41 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,659,722 times
I don't think the OP is for real anyway. Just another troll..... movin on.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM

356 posts, read 606,025 times
Wow.. I'm really surprised by the harsh judgments here. Give the kid a break. He's young, obviously impressionable, has a solid view of what he wants his life to be like. Can he attain it? Is what he wants realistic? Meh,... perhaps not - but can't the kid dream? Sheeeesh! It seems he knows a heckuvalot more about what he wants than most kids his age. There is nothing wrong with that.

I think many people personalized his impressions of some of the neighbourhoods he mentioned. Many took offense to 'blue collar'. That offense, to me, sounds like there is something wrong with blue collar - which there isn't, but those taking offense, don't want to be viewed as blue collar. How is that any different than Andrew having a specific picture of what he wants?

All the while through some pretty snarky, rude and judgmental posts, he remained polite and didn't stoop to anyone's level. Can't say that for many of the people in this thread.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:44 PM

329 posts, read 459,813 times
I live in Eden Prairie and I would agree with one of the other posters saying that it's very family-oriented, I would never live here if I was single.

I think you need to make the decision too of what kind of folks you would like to be around. My brother lived in Chicago and hated it and moved to D.C. and seems to love that. I think he mentioned that he just had a tough time making friends there. Every time I visited Chicago it seemed there were just too many yuppies and folks that relied on their parents' trust fund to do an awful lot of partying. Basically arrogant and self-serving people who have with very annoying personalities seem to just infiltrate Chicago.

I find people in Minnesota extremely friendly and hard-working and to me that's worth a lot. Plus, you mention that you have a well-paying job with a great group of colleagues-so many people would do anything just to have that!

You sound like you just need to do some fine tuning and move somewhere that fits more of what you are looking for. There's plenty of different towns to choose from around here with very different styles and tastes (I wish I could be more specific, we're moving ourselves to a different town around here) That should solve the problem, if not, then think about Chicago. But right now it would seem that you would be making a huge mistake to walk away when you have so much going for you living here.

And, you mention that you weren't so into the blue-collar style- there are many more blue collar qualities about Chicago then Minneapolis!

Old 05-12-2011, 06:19 AM

302 posts, read 727,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talktobrent View Post
Let me blunt... you think you're too good to live amongst "blue collar" people, claim to be a successful "banker," but aren't smart enough to figure out the handful of trendy places to live in the metro? What exactly did you expect from Eagan? ...which is pretty much the definition of a white bread MN suburb. If this isn't a joke, you sound like everything that is wrong with my generation.
I second this! I hope this is a joke or you are one smug, bratty 20 something. Seriously? A "banker" making more than "most families of 4" has Mommy and Daddy coming to help find him a home in Edina (where he best fits)??? Do you not have any friends to help you??? Based on your arrogance, I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul