Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 12:41 AM

15 posts, read 23,929 times

Advertisements

I'd really appreciate any advice on best place to search for a room in a shared apartment / affordable studios in downtown/uptown Minneapolis. My budget for rent is $400-$550, depending on if shared or not. I need to be within walking distance or easy bus travel from Loring Park. Need somewhere safe with good amenities.

I am of course searching Craigslist but i am finding it rather difficult to find something suitable. I plan to be in Minneapolis for the 20th July so would need something from then. Are there any local realtors/letting agencies that you could recommend?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 04:51 AM

2,105 posts, read 4,612,155 times
Check the apartments on Franklyn and Nicollete think they are called the Presidential Apartments. They are within easy walking distance of Loring Park and the Community College and downtown. Bus service is right out the door. There are nomurous eating establishments nearby offering wide variety of selection

Old 05-27-2011, 12:30 PM

927 posts, read 2,469,890 times
Check out 3527 Pillsbury Ave S.

I paid $415/month for a studio, all utlities paid last year.

Solid location and a quick bus ride downtown.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:07 AM

15 posts, read 23,929 times
thanks yoyoma02, do you know who the agency/realtor/landlord for 3527 Pillsbury?

Old 05-30-2011, 02:48 PM

540 posts, read 1,099,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
Check the apartments on Franklyn and Nicollete think they are called the Presidential Apartments. They are within easy walking distance of Loring Park and the Community College and downtown. Bus service is right out the door. There are nomurous eating establishments nearby offering wide variety of selection
Unless it's been cleaned up substantially, that is a terrible building. I had a friend who lived there and you could smell crack in the hallways and there were mice and roach infestations. The cops were regularly there, either for the building or the liquor store next door which is a magnet for winos and panhandlers. Nicollet and Franklin is also one of the busiest intersections in Minneapolis so you're going to be hearing traffic noise all day, especially from the 18 bus, which goes by every 10-15 minutes.

The area around 35th and Pillsbury has been improving over the past few years, but it's still on the edge of some poor neighborhoods and it's not the safest place to live.

You could actually live in the Loring Park area fairly cheaply. I lived in a studio there on Oak Grove street for $525/month. Most of the buildings in the area are owned by Warner Properties.

Warner Properties

Old 05-30-2011, 06:53 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,612,155 times
If it was such a terrible place why did yur friend live there

Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM

927 posts, read 2,469,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s___ View Post
thanks yoyoma02, do you know who the agency/realtor/landlord for 3527 Pillsbury?
It was just an old guy who owned the building. Drive by... there was always a "for rent" sign in the yard. Its the only apartment building on the block.

I loved that neighborhood and never felt unsafe. You'll be fine.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 6,928 times
Try rent.com and apartmentfinder.com, both have great resources to search for the perfect apartment for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul