Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like the humidity?
Love it, and was raised in MN 8 14.29%
Love it, and was raised in a humid climate 2 3.57%
Love it, and was raised in a dry climate 2 3.57%
Hate it, and was raised in a humid climate 33 58.93%
Hate it, and was raised in a dry climate 7 12.50%
Huh? 4 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,713,719 times

Advertisements

I've never heard of anyone who liked humidity, in fact, I can't even see what any possible benefits could be?

Not that you asked, but here's why I hate humidity:

It makes my clothes stick and forces me to wash them immediately
It makes me pit-out
It makes people's hair curl (not that I don't like curly hair, buy you know what I mean)
It can cause medical conditions to flair up (arthritis, fibromialgia, etc)
It makes 85 feel like 95
It causes fog and decreased visibility
It makes hugs feel gross
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 12:06 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,724,786 times
I'm never comfortable in Minnesota.

I'm either dripping wet in 85% humidity or I'm freezing cold in sub zero snowstorms. If it ever is nice, I'm either at work all day or by the time I get off work there's a tornado warning out and it's raining cats and dogs. It does make it all the more special when that rare 70 degree, sunny, no humidity day rolls along though. And I do mean RARE.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,346,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post

I'm either dripping wet in 85% humidity or I'm freezing cold in sub zero snowstorms. If it ever is nice, I'm either at work all day or by the time I get off work there's a tornado warning out and it's raining cats and dogs. It does make it all the more special when that rare 70 degree, sunny, no humidity day rolls along though. And I do mean RARE.
I hope you called in sick today as its perfect today!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
l12

160 posts, read 317,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post

There have been a lot of nice weekends lately though with the exception of the last one maybe.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,654,086 times
I hate the heat and the humidity with a passion that burns deep within my soul and has the red-hot intensity of two thousand burning suns. It's all kinds of wrong.

I love winter. It's free air-conditioning.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:13 PM

14 posts, read 62,831 times
I must be cold blooded, because I love the hot hot days humidity and all. Our summers are so short here, why not enjoy every bit of Vitamin D we can get?

Old 07-15-2011, 03:00 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,106,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
I've never heard of anyone who liked humidity, in fact, I can't even see what any possible benefits could be?
To me, it just FEELS more comfortable as long as the heat index is below 100F or so. Driving in fog feels otherworldly, and I think it's fun as long as I'm on a side street and not barreling down an expressway. Of course, I've only been down in Atlanta for six years so I'm still in the honeymoon stages. And yeah, my hair curls, but when it's short like it is not it doesn't threaten to attack anyone.

Also, my wife insists on a far more controlled environment than I was generally used to before meeting her (I'm a Twin Cities boy, whereas she has northern MN blood), so being out in the heat is a welcome change for me. My attitude might be different if I had to deal with it all the time.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:24 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,722,635 times
August is my favorite month here. Maybe it's the weather and maybe it's because that's usually when I take week or two for vacation. ;-)

Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 PM

22 posts, read 41,350 times
If you don't like the humidity, just think about the wind chill warnings and the gargantuan snow piles of the past winter. You wanted summer - well you have that in spades now.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:35 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,654,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by embedded_engineer View Post
If you don't like the humidity, just think about the wind chill warnings and the gargantuan snow piles of the past winter. You wanted summer - well you have that in spades now.
I reveled in those snow piles and the wind chills! I was in my element! That's free air-conditioning! They also keep the hooligans at home.

On December 12th we had a massive snow storm and the city transportation system was shut down. I walked two hours to work, in almost three feet of snow and -20F temps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul