Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:56 PM

7 posts, read 10,718 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

So I have been looking around the area for the last few days and not having much luck. I have been looking around Inver Grove Heights, Cottage Grove, and Woodbury... so far.

Even apartments priced around $1000 don't seem like a very good deal or a very nice place. For example some of the appliances, cupboards, carpet, etc. look run down. Not to mention they tack on a charge for water/trash, parking, storage etc.

Am I just having bad luck, or can you not expect to find a pretty nice place (it doesn't have to be perfect by any means) for around a thousand? I wish I could find a place that doesn't have all of the dumb "amenities" -- I don't care about a pool, or rec room, or underground heated parking. Can't I just get a nice place with maybe a garage to store my stuff?

Sorry for the rant, but it has been a bit frustrating and I am on a pretty tight schedule. Thank you for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 04:28 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,319,403 times
I would look online for more private rentals if you don't want the amenities of an larger apartment complex. Maybe check Craigslist.

Minnesota Local News - minnlocal.com > Classifieds > Rentals > (http://www.mnsun.com/classifieds/rentals/ - broken link) This is one local paper, classifieds are all mixed together so it might be a little tedious looking through them.

You could also look at Eagan, Hastings, Oakdale for more rental possibilities.

ApartmentsHQ | Your headquarters for Red River Valley area apartments - Fargo, Moorhead, West Fargo, Dilworth, Casselton, Glyndon Is another search engine. I just put in a 2 bedroom to see what is available. Many of the smaller towns around here use this printing company so there will be listings from all over.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:19 PM

Sweet, thanks for the suggestions!

Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 PM

24 posts, read 77,303 times
check out the west 7 street areas very nice area. summit area. or west.stpaul south of butler ave. good close areas and less then 15 min away

Old 07-25-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Rice Street View Post
check out the west 7 street areas very nice area. summit area. or west.stpaul south of butler ave. good close areas and less then 15 min away
I will take a look. Thank you.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 4,781 times
The Apple Valley is a very nice, safe suburb to live in. It's about 20 minutes from downtown St. Paul. Check it out, I think you'd like the area.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:15 PM

298 posts, read 751,284 times
The White Bear Lake School District #624 is an excellent school district less than 10-miles to Downtown St. Paul with a lot of rental townhomes for under $1,000 in White Bear Lake with easy access to I-35E to St. Paul and all of White Bear Lake shopping, restaurants, night spots, historic downtown, White Bear Lake is the largest lake in the St. Paul suburbs.

White Bear Woods apartments on Centerville Road are very nice. Other apartments are near Lakewood Park are good. There are some nice apartments off of Century Avenue and County Road E near Century College which are nice as well.

Vadnais Heights and Shoreview are good suburbs as well.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:12 PM

20 posts, read 32,028 times
Check out the Cosmopolitan, right in Lowertown Saint Paul: http://www.pinnacleams.com/cosmopolitanapts/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul