Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 PM

989 posts, read 2,962,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I can't honestly say that I care whether our inhabitants come on a Greyhound bus (presumably from Gary/Chicago slums, if I'm inferring correctly from that comment?) as long as they produce something for society in this region. Also, MN taxes ARE high for corporations, but total corporate expenses aren't as bad overall, and Minnesota ranks squarely in the middle of the pack in terms of cost of running a business. I wish I had a link for that info, but until then, assume I am not lying. Besides, with our current deficit, I'm not sure lowering taxes would be helpful (unless we nabbed a few Fortune 500 companies from out of state).
yea - that is what it comes down to. Retaining the big dogs with the good jobs. Trend has been going the wrong direction lately. If you have a lower rate, but attract new business, that could potentially end up generating more revenue. 100x3 > 50x5. Overall we are doing decent, but we could do better in my opinion. Lets just say I agree with you about "as long as they produce something ...." If we were middle of the pack with entitlements, greyhound would not add extra buses to Minneapolis that match with dates the government cuts checks. They don't even live here.

Basically, lowering tax is not something you get immediate return on, but we have room to cut some other stuff to offset it. Puts us more in line with neighbors to the west that been eating up a lot of our potential new business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,880,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford63 View Post
yea - that is what it comes down to. Retaining the big dogs with the good jobs. Trend has been going the wrong direction lately. If you have a lower rate, but attract new business, that could potentially end up generating more revenue. 100x3 > 50x5. Overall we are doing decent, but we could do better in my opinion. Lets just say I agree with you about "as long as they produce something ...." If we were middle of the pack with entitlements, greyhound would not add extra buses to Minneapolis that match with dates the government cuts checks. They don't even live here.

Basically, lowering tax is not something you get immediate return on, but we have room to cut some other stuff to offset it. Puts us more in line with neighbors to the west that been eating up a lot of our potential new business.
No f'ing way! I don't believe it!! I hope this is a joke!!!

P.S. I'm a gullible Polak...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul