Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2012, 01:30 PM

10 posts, read 38,842 times

Advertisements

Hi, I’ll be visiting Minneapolis between xmas and new years. In your opinion what should I not miss out on seeing/doing? Food is covered already and I will have a car. I know what I like but I’m interested in opinions by the locals in hopes I’ll stumble into something I wouldn’t normally. So anything uniquely Minneapolis, winter activities, random weirdness, neighborhood secret spots, etc.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 PM

145 posts, read 324,680 times
Where are you coming from?

If your from Florida and want to try skiing we a couple of ski areas, but you'd find them lame if you're coming from Utah.
You can see that silly "Spoonbridge and Cherry" that you see in an establishing shot for every football game, however Minnehaha Falls will be frozen..
Take a walk through the Minneapolis skyway system doing office hours.
There's always the Mall of America if that's your thing. It's been remodelded to be more generic than it once was but it's still a sight to see, and there's an ice palace this winter.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM

109 posts, read 211,861 times
Call me wierd, but I love the Zoo in the winter. Both MN zoo and Como. Check out the big lighted oak off hwy 77. I think the Holidazzle parade is still going on until New Years.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:44 PM

70 posts, read 120,302 times
The Christmas Carol at the the Guthrie Theater would be a good show to check out if you are interested in theater. They do it every year. They may have public rush line tickets available the day of the show.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:38 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,864,953 times
Just experience the city for what it is. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Try the museums, the theater district, the parks, the lakes, the Holidazzle, downtown, uptown, the mall of America, the observation deck on the foshay tower, the skyways, the mill district, the riverfront, etc. Go to St. Paul also. If you like skiing, there are opportunities for downhill skiing, especially Afton Alps, which was just bought by Vail Resorts. For cross country skiing, Theodore Wirth is good, along with many other parks like Como and Battle Creek in St. Paul. But the biggest thing is to just... Explore the city, regardless of whether it's a famous attraction or a wood panel walled bar in Midtown.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:04 AM

643 posts, read 1,038,133 times
If it's cold enough for outdoor ice, you may want to wander into a local park and watch people playing broomball.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dravogadro View Post
If it's cold enough for outdoor ice, you may want to wander into a local park and watch people playing broomball.
That is soooooo much fun! Oh, sorry, I couldn't stop. **wham**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul