Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 11:43 AM

104 posts, read 153,005 times

Advertisements

Woodbury and Edina are top extramarital affair locales in Twin Cities, says AshleyMadison.com

Woodbury and Edina are top extramarital affair locales in Twin Cities, says AshleyMadison.com
By Aaron Rupar
Published Fri., Aug. 31 2012 at 10:57 AM

Looking for an affair? Look no further than Woodbury.
SEE ALSO:
-- When dating prospects look bleak, women focus on their careers, new U of M study finds
-- Strangers at the Twins game: A blind date in their own tweets
-- Minneapolis is a great city for bald single men, study says

Married and looking to hook up? If you live in Woodbury and Edina, you're more likely to be in luck.

Or so says the results of a new AshleyMadison.com study looking at the 10 most adulterous cities in the Twin Cities metro.

With over 15 million anonymous members, Ashley Madison claims to be the world's leading infidelity service. The site has 73,800 members in the Twin Cities, and based on those profiles, the site ranked the ten least-faithful spots in the metro per capita.

Here's the list:
1. Woodbury
2. Edina
3. Coon Rapids
4. Plymouth
5. Eagan
6. Downtown Minneapolis
7. Wayzata
8. Minnetonka
9. Apple Valley
10. Maplewood

Noel Biderman, Ashley Madison's CEO, said, "Though Minnesota may be considered the epicenter of Midwestern values, our membership has grown exponentially in the Twin Cities this summer. Despite many couples doing a great job of keeping up appearances, all is not always what it appears."

A few more tidbits from the study:
-- Woodbury has the highest percentage of female members.
-- Members in Minnetonka have the most children on average.
-- The most single women seeking married men live in Maplewood.

In conclusion, for the first time ever, Woodbury and Maplewood sound appealing, but fear not, those of you with moral objections to adultery -- this guy is only is only in the market for single-on-single action. And if ladies are in the market for married men, we'd imagine they're in the market for single dudes, too.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:23 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
Social Commentary from Ashley Madison! Well, I'm not sure I'd rush to be a consumer of their "data", but to deny a lot of extramarital activity in Minnesota would seem foolish. After all, not everyone living in the Metro grew up in a little Minnesota town. Since Wendy Anderson and his fish were on the Time cover, people from all over, even California, have taken up residence. So we're a bit off from Lake Woebegon now.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:48 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,736,582 times
Ha. Then again, I had no idea anyone -- from AM or elsewhere -- considered Minnesota the epicenter of Midwestern values. Although if their data is correct, perhaps "Midwestern values" is a little more.... open? .. than we might expect. I don't think those statistics mean much of anything (maybe the residents in other cities prefer to meet their flings at the bar or through Craiglist or wherever, for example), but it's always fun to see these sorts of weird data!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
I would not trust any information coming from this company.

Ashley Madison Fake Profile Lawsuit - Business Insider

Old 03-27-2014, 07:16 PM

290 posts, read 547,627 times
I know cheating goes on everywhere, but I'd like to see the comparison to other metro areas. The Twin Cities has to be on the low side of numbers of accounts by comparison. It just does not have that kind of vibe at all. Nothing like the feeling I get in many other big cities. For one, I think it's a lot harder to cheat in Minnesota. It's such a smaller world than in other larger cities where it's easier to just blend in and get away with things.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:24 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Sounds like someone trying to make a buck off a website...

Old 03-27-2014, 08:00 PM

104 posts, read 153,005 times
Phew!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul