Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_golf_guy View Post
Your scientific evidence has been rebutted and disproven by other peer reviewed sources.

Further cannabis is now legal in 4 states and DC. The majority of Americans support legalization.

You will die off like the dinosaurs and we will see a regulated market in the future.
Just how old are you??
Seriously, you come off as a very young kid, your postings and the maturity level of them.
If that is so, live life for awhile and walk and see some real experiences before you can be so bull headed about something. And also see the full circle of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 11:04 PM

21 posts, read 31,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
And , because it is illegal.
Going around willy nilly breaking a law because you believe different is still breaking the law. And to me, that tells me something about person who does that is not a very good stand up person.
Do I really need to list the approximately billion examples of instances where what is legal doesn't line up with what is right? It's meaningless to say 'it's against the law' in an argument like this. Used to be legal that black people had to sit on the back of the bus, if you were around back then would you be spouting your nonsense about breaking the law being immoral?

Old 12-30-2014, 11:09 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,310,623 times
I'm not really a pot head, but I've had my fair share of Sour Diesel, White Widow, Chemdawg, Strawberry Cough, Super Lemon Head, Kusha Knight Pulliam, Purple Urkle, Death Star, Sweet Tooth, Alien OG, Jack Frost, MK Ultra, Ted Dankson, Great White Shark, Herijuana, Big Buddha Cheese, G13 Haze, King Kong, Bieber Fever, Gacking Ganesh, Silver Pearl, Brainstorm, Hawaiian Punch, Doperah Winfrey, Romulan Grapefruit, Afghan Skunk, BC Roadkill, Swazi Gold, Swiss Bliss, Black Betty, Bertrand Grussle, Jane Doe and Yellow Snow.

Probably unscientific, but even with that rep I've never murdered anything besides hoags from DaVanni's so I'd say the time for legalization is nigh.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspoon View Post
Do I really need to list the approximately billion examples of instances where what is legal doesn't line up with what is right? It's meaningless to say 'it's against the law' in an argument like this. Used to be legal that black people had to sit on the back of the bus, if you were around back then would you be spouting your nonsense about breaking the law being immoral?
Really? That is your comparison?
The inhumane treatment of a fellow human being.

Last edited by Atalanta; 12-30-2014 at 11:36 PM..

Old 12-30-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
I'm not really a pot head, but I've had my fair share of Sour Diesel, White Widow, Chemdawg, Strawberry Cough, Super Lemon Head, Kusha Knight Pulliam, Purple Urkle, Death Star, Sweet Tooth, Alien OG, Jack Frost, MK Ultra, Ted Dankson, Great White Shark, Herijuana, Big Buddha Cheese, G13 Haze, King Kong, Bieber Fever, Gacking Ganesh, Silver Pearl, Brainstorm, Hawaiian Punch, Doperah Winfrey, Romulan Grapefruit, Afghan Skunk, BC Roadkill, Swazi Gold, Swiss Bliss, Black Betty, Bertrand Grussle, Jane Doe and Yellow Snow.

Probably unscientific, but even with that rep I've never murdered anything besides hoags from DaVanni's so I'd say the time for legalization is nigh.
I can see where you are coming from.
I'm glad you made it thru your long and interesting names of drugs.
Not everyone does.

Thank you for disagreeing with me so politely.

I read your posts, and you seem to have a dry sense of humor. That is not a put down.
Its sometimes hard to understand where you are coming from.

We are on different sides of the fence.

You say time is near for the legalization, and I say keep it illegal.
I can respect that.

See ya at the Capitol fighting for our differences and beliefs
Hey, gotta love America for being able to do that!

Last edited by Atalanta; 12-30-2014 at 11:39 PM..

Old 12-31-2014, 07:09 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
I'm curious about the "libertarian " aspect of this argument. Do our libertarian friends support removing all restrictions on the sale and use of drugs? Would it be alright with them to, say, sell heroin to a twelve year old? Do they want to really remove all restrictions or just redraw the lines?

Old 01-02-2015, 09:35 PM

30 posts, read 26,206 times
In my opinion, the choice to use a drug is up to the person consuming it.

Although mental health is not my main field, it is of great interest to me and I understand it better than many with a formal education. Again, I don't endorse the use of any drug regardless of legal status (simply because law is dynamic, or changes over time).

I am simply stating that ruining the life of an individual over the use of a drug is a rather harsh punishment given the reality of the world we live in. Even if the individual stops the use of said drug they continuously face the stigma regarding their violation of law and in turn may not be able to improve their life leading to a higher probability of relapse.

It seems like a fair argument to make, no?

Old 01-03-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLife View Post
In my opinion, the choice to use a drug is up to the person consuming it.

Although mental health is not my main field, it is of great interest to me and I understand it better than many with a formal education. Again, I don't endorse the use of any drug regardless of legal status (simply because law is dynamic, or changes over time).

I am simply stating that ruining the life of an individual over the use of a drug is a rather harsh punishment given the reality of the world we live in. Even if the individual stops the use of said drug they continuously face the stigma regarding their violation of law and in turn may not be able to improve their life leading to a higher probability of relapse.

It seems like a fair argument to make, no?
Maybe. I might agree with you on this regarding pot, but other drugs that are clearly highly addictive and debilitating, like heroin and meth, have a great cost to society and it is in society's best interest to ban them. I don't care what people do, but I don't
think society should subsidize their use, subsidies which can take the form of state assistance for treatment, neglect of family, lack of productivity, crime, welfare, and other things to compensate for the users' harm to themselves. It seems to me that the effects of drug use are rarely confined to the user alone.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:05 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,127,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Maybe. I might agree with you on this regarding pot, but other drugs that are clearly highly addictive and debilitating, like heroin and meth, have a great cost to society and it is in society's best interest to ban them. I don't care what people do, but I don't
think society should subsidize their use, subsidies which can take the form of state assistance for treatment, neglect of family, lack of productivity, crime, welfare, and other things to compensate for the users' harm to themselves. It seems to me that the effects of drug use are rarely confined to the user alone.
The effects of many things are not confined to the user alone. We live in a connected world; of course your actions affect others. But if the effects are indirect, should we ban those activities? Should we ban laziness, because it affects productivity? Should we ban fatty foods, because they affect people's health, and hence the healthcare system? Should we ban dangerous professions, like Alaskan Crab Fisherman, because the deaths of its employees can affect the families? Where would it end?

Only actions that directly infringe on other people's freedoms should be banned. Otherwise, you should be free to choose for yourself.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
The effects of many things are not confined to the user alone. We live in a connected world; of course your actions affect others. But if the effects are indirect, should we ban those activities? Should we ban laziness, because it affects productivity? Should we ban fatty foods, because they affect people's health, and hence the healthcare system? Should we ban dangerous professions, like Alaskan Crab Fisherman, because the deaths of its employees can affect the families? Where would it end?

Only actions that directly infringe on other people's freedoms should be banned. Otherwise, you should be free to choose for yourself.
I am sure you will acknowledge that there is an obvious difference between fatty foods and heroin. Some things we discourage while others we ban. You seem to fancy yourself a libertarian. How about answering my question in post 86?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul