Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 09:44 AM

230 posts, read 258,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
This is a joke right? If not then this is apparently how you see the country:

Why would it be a problem that you'd be living 400 miles from Chicago? I've never heard of a stray bullet traveling that far.
LOL.....dumb people have cars too. This pic is funny as hell ...I am paying attention to star tribune though... Its cool, made up my mind anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 10:06 AM

928 posts, read 1,101,453 times
Dude you will be okay. I'm more worried that you can't take some jokes than whether Minni is dangerous. It is not, unless you plan on living in the hood. Is there any reason you wanna live in the hood?

Old 10-19-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
Dude you will be okay. I'm more worried that you can't take some jokes than whether Minni is dangerous. It is not, unless you plan on living in the hood. Is there any reason you wanna live in the hood?
DUDE, I am king of jokes...I'm laughing my ass off over here. I just don't like to credit someone's humor at my expense.. .

I don't need anything from the hood. To be real with you as long as you have indoor gyms, hospitals, and women that can hold a conversation, I'm good. Everything else is for the birds.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:48 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
LOL.....dumb people have cars too. This pic is funny as hell ...I am paying attention to star tribune though... Its cool, made up my mind anyway.
Yeah, sorry I just felt the need to call that out. I've never heard of Mpls/St Paul being impacted by overflow crime from Chicago. Maybe that happens in Milwaukee or Gary but really we aren't that close. They would have to drive through the entire state of Wisconsin for cripes sakes....and ah geez, who has time for that?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Yeah, sorry I just felt the need to call that out. I've never heard of Mpls/St Paul being impacted by overflow crime from Chicago. Maybe that happens in Milwaukee or Gary but really we aren't that close. They would have to drive through the entire state of Wisconsin for cripes sakes....and ah geez, who has time for that?
we'll I know that single mothers from Chicago move to Minneapolis because there better benefits there. Whats to say people who are criminal minded won't leave their area for lower crime ridden areas...Drug dealers do it all the time. But I may be wrong

Old 10-20-2016, 07:06 PM

hows the nightlife?...

Old 10-21-2016, 08:26 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,190,713 times
Crime shouldn't be a major concern for anybody who doesn't roll with gangs or live in the poorest neighborhoods where gangs roam free. It's also just not as big of an issue in MSP as compared to many (most?) other places. I wouldn't let that be a deterrent, personally. If your concern is about the people, Minnesotans (the stereotypical, born and bred, lifers we're talking about) can be very nice and seem driven to help others, but it may come off as more of an obligation than genuine kindness. Either way, it's niceness that generally prevails over rudeness and hatred. I'm white but in my experience I hardly ever see overt racism applied towards anyone here, but there's an obvious bias there, as I'm also not "under the microscope" when I'm surrounded by more of my own element. I live in what feels like a moderately diverse part of the city in St. Louis Park and people all seem to get along very well, and I really like that (wherever I live, I look for environments like this). Big disclaimer though: if you're from the Northeast, you may feel like "diversity" here (racial) is not at all what you're used to -- especially if you're used to NJ. There are very diverse parts of the metro area but it's not nearly as omnipresent as the NE. That's all slowly evolving too, but I just want to temper your expectations. On the flipside, if you're expecting Mayberry, you may be surprised as well.

By and large, I think if your biggest concerns are racial tensions, crime, and interracial dating, you have very little to worry about in Minneapolis-St. Paul. Furthermore, I'd be very surprised if you were mistreated because you were a black medical professional. There are of course exceptions to everything, but this is generally speaking. The Castille incident and the other recent incidents caught on camera are embarrassing to witness. The Twin Cities are a fairly progressive and accepting region, but clearly, like most places there's still a ways to go toward universal equality.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 10-21-2016, 08:35 AM

928 posts, read 1,101,453 times
Oh and try not to walk on the street in Edina.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:02 AM

already made a decision.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:12 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
hows the nightlife?...
Honestly I couldn't tell ya. I dont go to downtown minneapolis unless im going to a game or comedy show. stuff like that. downtown minneapolis is usually packed though. I know it's plenty of clubs though. I wish they had more hip hop clubs those are hard to find imo. Sometimes I hang out over north but man it's always a fight breaking out then they got metal detectors. St paul has some spots if you feel like making that trip. The twin cities is mostly a weekend type of town. sunday- Thursday- DEAD like a ghostown. Friday and Saturday is more poppin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul