Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:49 AM

230 posts, read 259,444 times

Advertisements

I live in northern NJ. I am a nursing student working on my MSN. How is Minneapolis in terms of nursing jobs and women. I date Interracially so I am curious to what the environment is and suitable places to live.

I want to party hard (stay disease free), this is my second masters, so I have not had a life. Furthermore, how are race relations (Castile) I seriously won't move there if there is drama in this regard and at this point my life, not interested.

I don't know about the cost of living but I am weighing my options and seeing if the pros outweigh the cons. Again Are the women as good looking as I have heard. Minneapolis is not my first option but I want to know. Appreciate any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 11:37 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,919,655 times
Bro- Im black and from Philly. Moved to Minnesota in 2011. IF your only concern is race relations, you don't have much to worry about. Now from my experience, I haven't experience racism since I've been here. spoke to 2 black friends of mine and they said the same thing. Now one of my friends who moved here from Philly to Minnesota claims it's racist as hell. but honestly man, i think a lot of it is just him playing the race card. the typical oh she didnt put the change in my hand. RACIST. or i can't move up in my job- RACIST. STUFF LIKE THAT. It's always hard to differentiate racism from rudeness. But when it comes to interracial dating, I have friends who date outside the race. meaning black men/white women and I never heard of any bad stories.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
Bro- Im black and from Philly. Moved to Minnesota in 2011. IF your only concern is race relations, you don't have much to worry about. Now from my experience, I haven't experience racism since I've been here. spoke to 2 black friends of mine and they said the same thing. Now one of my friends who moved here from Philly to Minnesota claims it's racist as hell. but honestly man, i think a lot of it is just him playing the race card. the typical oh she didnt put the change in my hand. RACIST. or i can't move up in my job- RACIST. STUFF LIKE THAT. It's always hard to differentiate racism from rudeness. But when it comes to interracial dating, I have friends who date outside the race. meaning black men/white women and I never heard of any bad stories.
YES SIR, My professor is pushing Minnesota on me she is from there. We will see THX

Old 10-18-2016, 01:34 PM

928 posts, read 1,102,454 times
It's so cold for 6 months out of the year here that hooking up is a crapshot becquse of the heavy coats. https://youtu.be/CR3-YGBt0HY

Old 10-18-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
OHHHH you...LOL...people do say there are Dicks on this forum. I think they are right.

It took forever for a response on the Minneapolis thread, from the way My professor acts, I am not surprised. The people of Minnesota are really nice people but are reluctant and stay to themselves. I think they have strong resolve and don't like BS or (Iowans). People were reading the thread left and right but no response.

I know education is valued up there. I also know there is a issue with black people that don't get a education so there are is a huge gap in unemployment between blacks and whites(I think). What I am unsure of is why they choose not to? I have heard about the gangs I am not too crazy about. Its close to Chicago which is a problem (Never moving there)...I Don't want to get killed for nonsense in MN though.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:56 PM

OHHHH you...LOL...people do say there are Dicks on this forum. I think they are right. was meant for STAGGERLEE666

Old 10-18-2016, 05:48 PM

928 posts, read 1,102,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
OHHHH you...LOL...people do say there are Dicks on this forum. I think they are right. was meant for STAGGERLEE666
Glad I could help

Old 10-18-2016, 06:54 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,919,655 times
Quote:
OHHHH you...LOL...people do say there are Dicks on this forum. I think they are right.

It took forever for a response on the Minneapolis thread, from the way My professor acts, I am not surprised. The people of Minnesota are really nice people but are reluctant and stay to themselves. I think they have strong resolve and don't like BS or (Iowans). People were reading the thread left and right but no response.

I know education is valued up there. I also know there is a issue with black people that don't get a education so there are is a huge gap in unemployment between blacks and whites(I think). What I am unsure of is why they choose not to? I have heard about the gangs I am not too crazy about. Its close to Chicago which is a problem (Never moving there)...I Don't want to get killed for nonsense in MN though.
nah man actually MInnesota is actually one of the best as far as citydata goes. Mainly those where should i live type of threads. Sometimes the posts are hit or miss. I have one asking about schools and you see 70 views but 0 responses. IT HAPPENS. I can't tell you anything about the gangs. Never had any issues since I been here. thats because if i go to the hood aka north minneapolis, or the bad parts of south minneapolis or st paul- I get in and get out.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:04 PM

I Know about north minneapolis. St paul has problems?

Old 10-19-2016, 08:50 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,387,223 times
Quote:
Its close to Chicago which is a problem (Never moving there)...I Don't want to get killed for nonsense in MN though.
This is a joke right? If not then this is apparently how you see the country:

Why would it be a problem that you'd be living 400 miles from Chicago? I've never heard of a stray bullet traveling that far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul