Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 05:37 PM

432 posts, read 1,659,539 times

Advertisements

1. Where can I can park and ride at the MOA?
2. What is the fare for riding the light rail?
3. How long can I park at the MOA without getting my car tow and/or get a ticket? Does it depend on what parking lot that I'm parked in?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM

638 posts, read 3,122,950 times
Go to their website Metro Transit and check it out. That site can answer almost all of your questions.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:55 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Technically you are not supposed to park at MOA to ride the lightrail. The transit stations all have parking lots/ramps and you are supposed to park there. The MOA is private property.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM

481 posts, read 1,816,876 times
Practically speaking there is no overnight parking at the Mall of America. There is a large surface lot one or two stops down that usually has room, but is difficult to locate. I usually end up parking at the Fort Snelling station just off of Hwy 62 before the airport, and this is well marked. The surface lots also do not allow overnight parking. If you are looking for overnight parking, you could go to one of the park & ride lots near the airport which I believe are around $6/day (not at the airport itself, that is very expensive, but there are commercial lots nearby, such as in Eagan) and take the airport shuttle, and then connect to the light rail. I have never heard of any breakins or assaults at the park & ride locations for the airport, so you can assume that is a supervised lot. There have been breakins and assaults at some of the light rail stations (although ... quite rare).

LRT is under $3, and that buys you a couple hours of riding. There may be day passes as well -- you will have to research that yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul