Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 07:27 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
There used to be one in Brooklyn Center or Maple Grove didn’t there?
I wouldn't know, we've only been in MN a year......but I nominate Cambridge for the next Cracker Barrel here and now. Not like I'm partial or anything.

At the very least they should have one off of 35 on the north side between the cities and Duluth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 07:46 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I wouldn't know, we've only been in MN a year......but I nominate Cambridge for the next Cracker Barrel here and now. Not like I'm partial or anything.

At the very least they should have one off of 35 on the north side between the cities and Duluth.
some of our favorites...

Full Moon Bar in Stark (between Cambridge and Harris) - bingo, meat raffles and the like, pretty decent bar food.
https://www.fullmoonbarrestaurant.com/

Kaffe Stuga in Harris - old style, home cooking...great breakfasts
https://www.facebook.com/Harris-Kaff...-100545568060/

Don Julios Mexican Restaurant in North Branch
Don Julio Authentic Mexican Restaurant

Old 04-13-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
some of our favorites...

Full Moon Bar in Stark (between Cambridge and Harris) - bingo, meat raffles and the like, pretty decent bar food.
https://www.fullmoonbarrestaurant.com/

Kaffe Stuga in Harris - old style, home cooking...great breakfasts
https://www.facebook.com/Harris-Kaff...-100545568060/

Don Julios Mexican Restaurant in North Branch
Don Julio Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Nice. We're definitely in the market for a decent Mexican place especially.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:06 AM

My research has also yielded a Mexican joint called Chapala in Cambridge that has excellent reviews. Must try!

Old 04-22-2018, 01:31 PM

26,421 posts, read 46,591,155 times
It seems to be semi-rural area overall even though it is included in the Twin Cities metro area due to commuting patterns. I applied for a county level GIS position there awhile ago, but it didn't lead to anything. I like the fact that it is much closer to the Northwoods.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
It seems to be semi-rural area overall even though it is included in the Twin Cities metro area due to commuting patterns. I applied for a county level GIS position there awhile ago, but it didn't lead to anything. I like the fact that it is much closer to the Northwoods.
It's definitely the last planet in the Twin Cities solar system as you head north. Once beyond Cambridge there aint much in terms of population.....unless yer countin' the critters.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:25 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Happy that you found a place to call home. Congratulations!

Old 04-25-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Happy that you found a place to call home. Congratulations!
Thanks so much. We're very excited.

Just for kicks and giggles I went back and surfed the real estate sites the other day to see what was still out there, and came away even more relieved and happy that we found the home we did in the spot we did. Not that Cambridge is the new paradise of Minnesota or anything, but we got a nice home we could afford (and by afford I mean not being house poor or struggling to meet a mortgage payment) in a spot we liked with many of the basic needs and amenities practically at our doorstep, even though some things will still necessitate driving down to the burbs or cities for (30-45 minutes depending what and where - no big deal at all for us). What I'm getting at is most of the other towns/areas we were considering settling in had/have very little to nothing available for the type of home we need at the price we can currently afford. The sellers market is just hotter than a firecracker right now. Had we not found this particular home we likely would have renewed our current lease here in Lakeville (crazy rent prices!) and tried to wait for the current housing trend to shift toward the buyers advantage, but we obviously didn't know if that was going to take one year, five years or even more, and as we're middle aged already we didn't want to wait if we didn't have to.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:32 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Thanks so much, appreciate all of that. We can't wait to get up there and get settled in.

You know what the north side of town needs? A CRACKER BARREL! There's only one in all of Minnesota and it's in Lakeville! How is there only one Cracker Barrel in this entire state???

I also have to ask after looking at it for all these long years.......why does your locale say Bel Air, CA?
Lol! My only familiarity with Cracker Barrel is a purchase of their Mac & Cheese brand at the grocery store a few times. Am sure it is not the same quality as eating it at the restaurant, but it was pretty good.

I had to Google Cracker Barrel after reading your post. After Lakeville, the next closest Cracker Barrel to you is in Baraboo, WI in the Wisconsin Dells region about 270 miles from Cambridge. Maybe you could consider a family trip there sometime soon?

Last edited by chessgeek; 04-27-2018 at 03:49 PM..

Old 05-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Lol! My only familiarity with Cracker Barrel is a purchase of their Mac & Cheese brand at the grocery store a few times. Am sure it is not the same quality as eating it at the restaurant, but it was pretty good.

I had to Google Cracker Barrel after reading your post. After Lakeville, the next closest Cracker Barrel to you is in Baraboo, WI in the Wisconsin Dells region about 270 miles from Cambridge. Maybe you could consider a family trip there sometime soon?
Hey, I WOULD drive to the Dells for Cracker Barrel, just so ya know!

Their Mac & Cheese is legend.

I wrote to them and requested a north Twin Cities metro addition.

No response yet.

We closed on the house yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul