Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 11:11 AM

441 posts, read 440,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Re-read my post. Didn't I say that Kansas City has their issues too? Where they don't have issues like Minneapolis does is the downtown crime and the safety issue of simply going to watch their professional sports teams.

Go down there sometime. You're a hell of a lot safer at both venues than hanging out in downtown Minneapolis or going to any of the sports venues.
I have not been to a football game. But when we visited we went to target Field for a baseball game and the next night I went agaign by myself. We were staying in Bloomington so I rode the light rail. NO issues I never felt unsafe. I also went to hockey at U of Minnesota no problems and took in a Wild game same weekend as the Gophers. There was a creepy guy on the light rail but we get that here in Portland too .

I have never been to KC and probably never will.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:12 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
Have any of those arrested for murder or the victims of shootings been identified as Antifa or BLM activists?
This isn’t at all relevant to the recent violence in Minneapolis.

Old 05-23-2021, 11:44 AM

512 posts, read 474,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
13% (less than that, since the entire pop of that demographic doesn't commit crimes) do commit the majority of violent crime in America. That's a verifiable fact.

(I didn't leave that comment - not even sure what the second part of that comment even means, to be honest, it's incoherent.)

If we can't even have an honest discussion about who's committing majority of violent crime, why even bother?
As a black person, I learned a long time ago that it's not my job to educate white people about problems in the black community or systematic racism. There is a lot of research done on systematic racism and resources to learn about it. Why bother having discourse with you when it'll get nowhere? You say things without substance and facts. I'll pray for the hatred to leave your heart. Why don't you focus on what occurs in YOUR community? Because you know nothing about the BLACK COMMUNITY. Black Americans have made more positive contributions to society than you think. History proves this.

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 05-23-2021 at 12:09 PM..

Old 05-23-2021, 12:11 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
As a black person, I learned a long time ago that it's not my job to educate white people about problems in the black community or systematic racism. There is a lot of research done on systematic racism and resources to learn about it. Why bother having discourse with you when it'll get nowhere? You say things without substance and facts. I'll pray for the hatred to leave your heart. Why don't you focus on what occurs in YOUR community? Because you know nothing about the BLACK COMMUNITY. Black Americans have made more positive contributions to society than you think. History proves this.
I have been in the Twin Cities proper my whole life. Please don't tell me about what I do and don't know about the community here.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I have been in the Twin Cities proper my whole life. Please don't tell me about what I do and don't know about the community here.
I meant that you know nothing about my community in general, not just the one in Minneapolis. (And no, you knowing NOTHING about the black community in Mlps, either.) Stop pretending to know. I'm sure you keep your distance from us anyway. Again, black Americans are not the menaces to society that you're portraying us to be. We've made positive contributions to society too.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:46 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
I meant that you know nothing about my community in general, not just the one in Minneapolis. (And no, you knowing NOTHING about the black community in Mlps, either.) Stop pretending to know. I'm sure you keep your distance from us anyway. Again, black Americans are not the menaces to society that you're portraying us to be. We've made positive contributions to society too.
I know way more about your community than you ever would want me to know.

And no one ever said all of you are bad or whatever. I never said that. I'm actually a huge Prince fan.

Old 05-23-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I know way more about your community than you ever would want me to know.
LOL, sure you do. I've been black all my life. Too bad you can't avoid the influx of blacks from Minneapolis moving to the suburbs.

Quote:
And no one ever said all of you are bad or whatever. I never said that. I'm actually a huge Prince fan.
Good for you. At least you have good musical taste.

Old 05-23-2021, 09:42 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,322,190 times
Quote:
As a black person, I learned a long time ago that it's not my job to educate white people about problems in the black community or systematic racism.

Indeed. Please take your post to heart.

Old 05-24-2021, 03:42 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,451,235 times
Quote:
As a black person
Yeah, we get it. You manage to mention you're black in just about every post you submit. We get it, ok?

Old 05-24-2021, 11:51 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Looks like this topic run its course and became all personal.
Time to close now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul