Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 08:12 PM

111 posts, read 347,926 times

Advertisements

In case you dont know im a 14 year old girl who lives in North minneapolis.
Im tired of reading bad things about my city. Theres good things happenin too. but you dont hear about that on the news. all you hear about is the murders the rapes robberis ect. well mabey if us kids had better job offers more rec centers things to do other than hagin on the streets sellin drugs gettin pregnat half the things the occur probably wouldnt happen. another thing im tired of hearing is"soon as I get some money im moving up out the hood." WHy move out why not just try to make the hood better . Thats whats wrong people always talkin but never doin nothin. Thats why i say if you aint gon do nothin about it dont say nothin about it.

~C.hinton~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 11:24 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,397,498 times
In my lifetime of living in the Twin Cities, I have realized that if enough people complain about something for a long enough time or if problems recur enough times for city officials and the police to notice, that actions are always taken to resolve the problem. The problems you are facing on the northside are identical to what the southside of the city had faced from about 1990-2002. Look at the southside now, it isn't perfect but it's alot better than it was 5 years ago.

Mayor Ryback and the police are well aware of the problems happening on the northside. Don't worry, actions will be taken to improve the area. Since this is about the 4th time you've posted a nearly identical message to this one, I am going to take that as a complaint yourself. Maybe you should stop complaining about how other people are complaining and take some action yourself. Don't do anything to encourage illicit drug sales, AKA-don't buy or sell drugs....and quit having unprotected sex, that causes pregnancy. There are TONS of good jobs available in the Twin Cities area, just look around, tell anyone looking for a job check out monster.com, careerbuilder.com and craigslist.org for starters. The only problem is that it's nearly impossible to get employment if you have a criminal record. This doesn't bode well in the hood, unfortunately.

I did a search for rec centers in that area and you are absolutely right, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on the northside. The closest one is across the river in NE Minneapolis. That really is a shame and I can't really give you an explanation of why this is.

About people trying to move out of the hood. I agree with you there, alot of times people will take the easy way out by avoiding the problems instead of actually confronting them. Although it's hard to blame somebody for wanting to move out of a neighborhood after having to put up with continuous gunfire noise and their car getting vandalized or stolen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
View detailed profiles of: