Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM

19 posts, read 40,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knke0204 View Post
I'm not arguing that 'St. Cloud Rocks!'. I don't even live in St. Cloud. When I lived there, I didn't think it was that great... But there is a difference between giving valid arguments and opinions vs. trolling and deliberately attacking a place because of your personal struggles.

What do I have to prove? My opinions? St. Cloud in my opinion could never and will never waste the resources to compete with the Twin Cities. They know that there is no way to be a competitive advantage over the TC. Never. So they know their niche. As a soon-to-be suburb and also as a regional hub, they are in a tough situation. They are 2 in 1. Maple Grove has it made- They are a bedroom community and a retail center for a small land area. St. Cloud is a County Seat, Regional Hub, home to over 25,000 college students, and home to people who work in the Twin Cities and even Brainerd and Willmar. Look at all the social problems with Tech High and the influx of new Somali students. Too much change too quick.

I don't have to prove that the students contribute. I know 10 people that BOUGHT homes in St. Cloud simply because they went to school there. 10 people man. 10 people who didn't live in St. Cloud 5 years ago, and probably never would had HAD they not gone to SCSU. 10 people X average price of home $179,000 = $1,790,000 in St Cloud that they would have missed out on. I know 5 or 6 people that have jobs in St. Cloud (Benton County, Hospital, City of St. Cloud, Law Office, and Wells Fargo) simply from their Degrees from SCSU. Those people never lived in St Cloud.

Most Livable City, year after year proved here..
St. Cloud has lofty place among 'Liveable' cities | StarTribune.com
St. Cloud Loses 'Most Livable City' Award - wcco.com (http://wcco.com/local/livable.st.cloud.2.1244828.html - broken link)

Arctic Cat brought high-skilled, high paying jobs to an area that really needed it. IF you don't think 50 jobs that pay $40,000-$60,000/yr isn't beneficial for an economy, then watch the news.
http://www.winkbuild.com/pdfs/projec...7pdfs/acat.pdf
Insane*

I see your 10 and raise you no LESS than 50 of people I know that wouldnt and didnt stay. Not to mention those who were born here and left. Arctic Cat made 50 jobs? Woohoo! I bet if they moved to say, Brainard, their workers wouldnt stay for the sheer love of this city. That one company doesnt make this town, in fact you hardly hear of it. Its not even in town, you have to take 94 to the outskirts of the city, its in a farm field!

These arent my words its from that other site:

All I know is that I won’t be staying here much longer. St. Cloud simply lacks opportunity for anyone who wants to make something out of their life, or needs to find some kind of positive inspiration to exist peacefully. Believe me, neither one of those things is here. Is St. Cloud one of “The 50 Absolutely Worst Places To Live in America?” No, it’s more likely that it ranks in the top 5 (which is probably a complement being it was probably #1 on the list). Please do think twice before you decide to move here; that’s all I can say.

I suggest you go flood that site with how wrong they are to dislike the city even YOU abandoned.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Here, Im going to throw you a bone.

YouTube - St. Cloud Defense

Its a video made in response to the article declaring it one of the worst cities to live in. Made by college students defending their city.

Please, I beg you... Read the videos comments.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:27 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,346,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINNESOTAWILD View Post
Wow you indeed ARE a Saint Cloudian. What do you think made me bitter in the first place?? All the warm hospitable kind people in this town? Pay attention, if I said I commute to work, where does that mean I work there, genius? Ive been working in the cities for some time and love it! People are more laid back and aren't all about eachothers business. Ozzie and knke are the very types of people that sum this town up. Speaking of negativity, you seem to be chock full of it. You make me want to start telling stories of the F'd up people Ive met only in this town. Does, say, Mankato have a superhero that waves a flag and stare down traffic while sexually harassing passers by?

And Radical, that link was golden about the worst place to live. Nothing I can disagree with there. Although Ozzie and Harriet might have a field day.
HAHA you make me laugh Seriously. Just remove the chip off of your shoulder and try to enjoy life. Life is too short to be miserable.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM

Epitome of hypocritical thinking i.e. the STC mentality. Its not Saint Cloud that's backwards, its the REST of the world. Ha! If I had a nickel for every person here that thinks like you do...

Old 04-27-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Epitome of hypocritical thinking i.e. the STC mentality. Its not Saint Cloud that's backwards, its the REST of the world. Ha! If I had a nickel for every person here that thinks like you do...
LOL ok

Old 04-27-2010, 03:56 PM

Just watch the video, see its comments. You cant say Im the crazy one just look at how many agree.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:26 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,684,349 times
Quote:
Insane*

I see your 10 and raise you no LESS than 50 of people I know that wouldnt and didnt stay. Not to mention those who were born here and left. Arctic Cat made 50 jobs? Woohoo! I bet if they moved to say, Brainard, their workers wouldnt stay for the sheer love of this city. That one company doesnt make this town, in fact you hardly hear of it. Its not even in town, you have to take 94 to the outskirts of the city, its in a farm field!

These arent my words its from that other site:

All I know is that I won’t be staying here much longer. St. Cloud simply lacks opportunity for anyone who wants to make something out of their life, or needs to find some kind of positive inspiration to exist peacefully. Believe me, neither one of those things is here. Is St. Cloud one of “The 50 Absolutely Worst Places To Live in America?” No, it’s more likely that it ranks in the top 5 (which is probably a complement being it was probably #1 on the list). Please do think twice before you decide to move here; that’s all I can say.

I suggest you go flood that site with how wrong they are to dislike the city even YOU abandoned.

No, i didn't abandon it. I was blessed with an opportunity and I took it. But I did spend my money in your town for 4 years so you should be happy. Plus, Arctic Cat lies in the City Limits of St. Cloud, so "outskirts of town" mean nothing in your argument.

You must have stubbed your toe this morning.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:58 PM

Hmm interesting... Opportunity lies outside of this rock. Blessed is such a fitting term. I disagree, first chance you're "blessed" with you ditch this place like the cesspool it is. And I stubbed my toe on this oversized hunk of granite 8 years ago. Spending money in this town does nothing for me, they dont know what to do with it anyway aside from redoing the same roads over and over. Ever meet some of the union workers up at the papermill? If you want to see disgruntled and negative, look no further. Arrogance is as thick as you seem to be. Or perhaps the railroad workers, or retail managers, or hotel directors, or the bouncers at the bars, or....

Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Hmm interesting... Opportunity lies outside of this rock. Blessed is such a fitting term. I disagree, first chance you're "blessed" with you ditch this place like the cesspool it is. And I stubbed my toe on this oversized hunk of granite 8 years ago. Spending money in this town does nothing for me, they dont know what to do with it anyway aside from redoing the same roads over and over. Ever meet some of the union workers up at the papermill? If you want to see disgruntled and negative, look no further. Arrogance is as thick as you seem to be. Or perhaps the railroad workers, or retail managers, or hotel directors, or the bouncers at the bars, or....
I probably know 20 people who work in Sartell at the paper mill. The are some of the nicest people I know. Far from disgruntled. They are well adjusted family men and women who are involved in community. You really are a negative person. You have a problem with railroad workers, retail managers, hotel directors, bouncers, and paper mill workers Wow...just wow You hates everybody and everything. A barrel-o-fun

Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,684,349 times
Quote:
Keep telling yourself that money spent in your town doesn't affect you.

Yes I do, actually my roomate/best friend is a Union employee at that paper mill. And he's awesome. Plus I know his friends that work there too.

How do I seem arrogant? Because I got a job offer out of college and moved away? I wasn't happy about moving to Duluth, I would have rather stayed in STC. Speaking of Duluth, try living here for a week. If you're unhappy with STC wow, you wouldn't be able to function here. Everything you have cried like a baby about is 10x worse in Duluth.

And, where are our Mods? It's funny how I get an infraction for poking fun at Somali culture, but there is a pesty troll in this forum and you mods are doing nothing about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota