Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:04 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

In other words: It's a place where gays don't exist.
I suspect it is a place from which gay people flee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
The gay marrige will pass in court, make no mistake about that. Once that door is open, who is to say that a 50 year old man can't be married to a 15 year old boy, or a lady married to her favorite sheep or a guy married to 5 women. Don't they have rights too?

Isn't progressive thinking so wonderful!?
Apparently "non-progressive" thinking is illogical... the day a sheep or child can sign a legal contract, thus consent to a marriage, that's when you'll have the right to marry them. As for polygamy, who cares? If a man or woman can handle multiple spouses, more power to them! As long as they're all consenting adults, I couldn't care less.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I suspect it is a place from which gay people flee.
Judging by the one response I read, that would make perfect sense... if I were gay, you can bet I'd stay as far away from these folks as possible.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:52 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Judging by the one response I read, that would make perfect sense... if I were gay, you can bet I'd stay as far away from these folks as possible.

Just like so many people are leaving the freaks in California, eh?

Old 04-19-2013, 03:50 PM

159 posts, read 263,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluvial View Post
John, protection of the minority does not constitute persecution of the majority.
yes i agree a minority should not dictate to a majority, unless it breaks their Constitutional rights, which last i checked in regards to Marriage, Homo to Homo marriage is not protected correct!!!!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ryder View Post
And what defy of the Contitution are you talking about, can they not vote or something, not own guns I am confused. If you are refering to the right to marry, than I am sorry marriage is a religous ceremony between a man and a woman, 10 or 15 percent CANNOT dictate a sure religion and their beliefs, they can make up their own religion if they want, but a small Minority of people dont get to infringe on a religion, dont like it then join or create your own. I am agnostic and this has nothing to do with my religous belief. just plain fact of religion and the right to practice as such by The Constitution.
There are two parts to marriage. The state part (go to the city hall and fill out paperwork), and the ceremony part (justice of the peace, judge, priest, preacher, notary, ships captain).

There is no necessity to have a church wedding to be legally married, but you do have to do the city hall part to be legally married.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:17 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ryder View Post
yes i agree a minority should not dictate to a majority, unless it breaks their Constitutional rights, which last i checked in regards to Marriage, Homo to Homo marriage is not protected correct!!!!
AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM

217 posts, read 313,350 times
I dont understand why so many people are against gay marriage ? how is it gonna affect your life ? what's the big deal about it ? Oh yeah, because the bible says so... *roll eyes*

Old 04-25-2013, 02:32 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
I dont understand why so many people are against gay marriage ? how is it gonna affect your life ? what's the big deal about it ? Oh yeah, because the bible says so... *roll eyes*

Will you roll your eyes when you meet your Maker?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:16 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Wow, 8,000 people in the county. Maybe it is not so much that the people are against Gay's as Gay People just do not want to live in that little place. I mean, do they even have dance clubs there? What do they have that would be any fun? I am not gay and doubt that I would want to live there. Nothin goin on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi