Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 05:57 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times

Advertisements

I had a really great time this time around. And I traversed most of the state.

Had lunch with jhadorn in Memphis. Drove from Senatobia to Jackson, Jackson to Vicksburg, McComb to Jackson, through Canton, up through Grenada and Carrollton, and back to Horn Lake.

I also have been to Corinth, Iuka, Oxford, Pontotoc, and Tupelo now. Only towns I haven't seen are Hattiesburg, the Gulf Coast and the Piney Woods counties.

It seems to me that North Mississippi, Desoto County and Tupelo have the most to offer. I really liked Pontotoc, it had a strong Mayberry-vibe to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 05:48 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I had a really great time this time around. And I traversed most of the state.

Had lunch with jhadorn in Memphis. Drove from Senatobia to Jackson, Jackson to Vicksburg, McComb to Jackson, through Canton, up through Grenada and Carrollton, and back to Horn Lake.

I also have been to Corinth, Iuka, Oxford, Pontotoc, and Tupelo now. Only towns I haven't seen are Hattiesburg, the Gulf Coast and the Piney Woods counties.

It seems to me that North Mississippi, Desoto County and Tupelo have the most to offer. I really liked Pontotoc, it had a strong Mayberry-vibe to it.
Hattiesburg and the gulf coast are worth the trip. Hattiesburg would be great for a person your age.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:29 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
There is probably more going on on the Gulf Coast than anywhere in the state. Also, the people on the coast seem to be open to "outsiders" than other parts of the 'Sip, likely due to more transplants from around the country and a larger military presence.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
There is probably more going on on the Gulf Coast than anywhere in the state. Also, the people on the coast seem to be open to "outsiders" than other parts of the 'Sip, likely due to more transplants from around the country and a larger military presence.
The Gulf Coast has a strong New Orleans vibe to it, but it's about as comparatively conservative as the Tupelo area.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:12 PM

Hopefully, you eat at the Dinner Bell while in McComb.

Also, check out Hernando (if not already).

Old 12-22-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Hopefully, you eat at the Dinner Bell while in McComb.

Also, check out Hernando (if not already).
Whenever I fly into Memphis I stay in Horn Lake or Hernando. Hernando looks like a cool town. Only issue with that part of the state I have at all is the job market. If I could land something, like say FedEx I wouldn't worry so much about it.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:19 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Quote:
Whenever I fly into Memphis I stay in Horn Lake or Hernando. Hernando looks like a cool town. Only issue with that part of the state I have at all is the job market. If I could land something, like say FedEx I wouldn't worry so much about it.
Desoto County (and Memphis) is a great job market.

Old 12-25-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Desoto County (and Memphis) is a great job market.
Working in Desoto and living in say, Senatobia, would be a bit ideal.

Old 12-25-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Working in Desoto and living in say, Senatobia, would be a bit ideal.
Senatobia's claim to fame is it is the hometown of the one of the greatest 'rasslers of all time, Kamala, the Ugandan Giant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RpDxcBQ4MY

Personally, I'm a JYD man, but I always liked Kamala.

Old 12-25-2019, 07:59 PM

513 posts, read 896,866 times
you know google is building an operations center in the Memphis metro area. And Fedex is always looking to hire, as it is they bus folks to/from the area daily from Cleveland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi