Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:50 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times

Advertisements

Many of these naive young girls also have it in their heads that if they get pregnant their 'baby daddies' will stick around. It almost never works out that way.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,883 times
Mississippi- bottom of the list on legal system (rated 47th for fairness) Last in creativity (50th) Last in education (50th) bottom of the list in corruption (rated 48th.
The people of Mississippi need to stop conning the rest of America (to come down and visit) and actually clean up the cesspool that they live in.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:35 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,224 times
Hey everybody guess what-we do not have to share our coffee with EditorDHNOL
more for the rest of us carzy people from Ms.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:34 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Editor DHNOL probably hasn't spent much time in Mississippi. I was recently in Mississippi for the 1st time in 40+ years ( I had relatives in Hattiesburg when I was a little kid), and I really enjoyed it.
Mississippi might be last in education and creativity, but I met a whole bunch of friendly, intelligent, good natured people. In Seattle, where I live, people are smart and they make sure you know they are smart.
There's very little of that BS in Mississippi....And I swear, Mississippi has the best food in the US. Good thing I don't live there, I'd weigh 400 pounds.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:02 AM

4 posts, read 14,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epedamia View Post
i lived in mississippi for about 4 years in laurel/hattisburg and the people there are really nice and stuff but you want to talk about back stabbing people all over the place. haha thats the thing about ms, you'll talk to someone and they'll be nice and then go behind your back and talk about big time, also the "N" word is used very often and if you get offended by confederate flags stay very far away, plus everybody there has at least 1 broken car in there front yard, and don't even get me started on relationships all i can say is use protection or you just slept with all your friends and there friends. other than that its pretty nice place, really pretty. oh one last thing everything smells like snuff.
lol, while you're not 100% correct you are not far from wrong. I'd say about 75%. At least you seem to have a sense of humor about it, unlike most of these people.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:59 AM

356 posts, read 1,345,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorDHNOL View Post
Mississippi- bottom of the list on legal system (rated 47th for fairness) Last in creativity (50th) Last in education (50th) bottom of the list in corruption (rated 48th.
The people of Mississippi need to stop conning the rest of America (to come down and visit) and actually clean up the cesspool that they live in.
Obviously you don't live in Mississippi and we can be thankful for that. It's amazing how many people I meet who moved here from somewhere else and they love it here. I have lived in other places and I'll take this "cesspool" anytime.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 AM

767 posts, read 2,292,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditorDHNOL View Post
Like I said in Post No. 7.

Yes, we really are that bad. Its horrible down here. You won't like it at all . Please don't even visit. Pass the word around. Post it in every state listed on City-Data.com.

If you are already here, DELTA is ready when you are.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:18 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
Like I said in Post No. 7.

Yes, we really are that bad. Its horrible down here. You won't like it at all . Please don't even visit. Pass the word around. Post it in every state listed on City-Data.com.

If you are already here, DELTA is ready when you are.
And you like for things to stay horrible, huh? I take it you don't want people moving to your state.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,907 times
i would say no, unless marvin quinto came to philadelphia pa and saw the obesity, segregation, lack of educated population here then he would know its not just in mississipp

Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 PM

57 posts, read 217,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbee View Post
Obviously you don't live in Mississippi and we can be thankful for that. It's amazing how many people I meet who moved here from somewhere else and they love it here. I have lived in other places and I'll take this "cesspool" anytime.

RIGHT ON AuntBee!

Mississippi sure beats soul-less, Phoney-baloney California where I lived
for 22 Years. I would testify to that FACT any day of the week.

There's good and bad ANYWHERE ON EARTH that you go.

A lot of it depends on the person and what they make of their own
lives.

If you have a good spirit and generally a happy person to begin with,
you'll LOVE Mississippi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi