Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 PM

195 posts, read 1,078,377 times

Advertisements

What is Ocean Springs like? Just curious. I want to visit someday, and have heard it is lovely. I tried search and couldn't find much on Ocean Springs except a long time ago someone said it was one of the best places to live in Miss. From what I've heard about Ocean Springs from people who have been to Miss, it sounds lovely- and the pictures I've seen confirm this. So anybody has been there or lived or does live there there please post. I love the Gulf Coast beaches, but have never seen them to my regret, but will someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 10:23 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Ocean Springs is very nice.. I lived in Gulfport, Ocean Springs was just across the inlet from Biloxi, back then you had to take I10 and then down this one bridge into the city and it was a real pain, but I hear they have the bridge open now from Biloxi to Ocean Springs and that will make it even better. Ocean Springs has some of the best schools in the region. A more quiet laid back artsie community feel to it. I think you would love it.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:06 PM

Thanks! Thats what I have heard from people who have been there- the Gulf Coast beaches are SO beautiful. I can't wait until the day I lay eyes on them.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:56 PM

9 posts, read 39,572 times
Default Ocean Springs day dream

I also plan to be in Ocean Springs some day. Following the news articles and viewing from above, I became convinced of OC attributes and purchased a home there 1.5 yrs ago sight unseen. I hope the renters are taking care of it. I'll be thinking of OC more this coming winter...

Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 PM

Have you ever been there? I'm not sure I'd purchase a home sight unseen, but I think you made a great choice. I was talking to someone from IA that had been there and they said Ocean Springs was so nice and compared it to the town I live in Iowa (also a nice town). That was all it took, and the pictures! I have never been to the South, but have a very close friend from New Orleans.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM

9 posts, read 39,572 times
A few years ago while returning from Biloxi, I crossed the bridge and headed north to the fwy. In hindsight, I should have traveled a little further east and explored OS. Looking at the bid picture, OS is close to the gulf without having to cross a busy road, and at 20' elevation (some areas), one can live within 1500' of the wtr. The Sun Herald can be read "on line" to confirm your prospective. What else draws your interest in OS? I live in small towns in MI.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:31 PM

I like Gulf coast beaches. I like the pictures of the place. I really don't know that much about Miss (or there would be more places that I'd like) and only heard of Ocean Springs by accident. I want to move to the south maybe because it is warmer than the midwest and because of my friend- but I'm interested in visiting Ocean Springs, not living there. I will likely visit in the next few years. I first heard of Ocean Springs because my college in the midwest was going there for Habitat for Humanity over Spring Break- I wasn't able to go on the trip, unfortunately- or would have seen it, can't afford to visit, am poor college student. I saw the pictures of the students there and thought it was really pretty.Also, I talked briefly to people who had been there and they said it is lovely- like the small town I live in IA. Also, my friend from the South who's been there said it is nice.

Last edited by summer grace; 11-05-2008 at 10:52 PM..

Old 11-10-2008, 11:21 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,685,876 times
Ocean Springs is Awesome. My daughter and her three kids have been living there for a few months now. Her husband makes the short commute to Pascagoula for work. They hate Pascagoula (I hear there's alot of that going around) , but they love Ocean Springs. The kids have made so many friends already even though it is there first year in OS schools. Even though she and the grandkids are a few hours away, I am so happy for them. It seems to be one of the best decisions they've ever made.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:02 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,699,189 times
Are the beaches even open in OC? If you go there check out the BBQ joint named the shed

Old 11-16-2008, 07:03 PM

55 posts, read 165,262 times
Smile Ocean Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer grace View Post
What is Ocean Springs like? Just curious. I want to visit someday, and have heard it is lovely. I tried search and couldn't find much on Ocean Springs except a long time ago someone said it was one of the best places to live in Miss. From what I've heard about Ocean Springs from people who have been to Miss, it sounds lovely- and the pictures I've seen confirm this. So anybody has been there or lived or does live there there please post. I love the Gulf Coast beaches, but have never seen them to my regret, but will someday.
I've been in Biloxi for the past 6 weeks and I have been to Ocean Springs a few times to eat and take a nice drive. it's very nice and I think the town is great. It seems to be very clean and quite. The bridge will take you straight to Biloxi and into Gulfport. There's much to do here!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi