Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM

201 posts, read 386,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
Garmon1966 During my interview. They started off asking me what i have been doing the past few years. Then they asked why i wanted to join toyota. After that they had a list of questions that each person asked. Just asked how well i work with others. What are some of my special skills. After they got done with there list of questions. Each person would give me a question and i would have to give them an action i took and then the result of it. After all questions was answered they let me ask them a few questions.
Thanks for the insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolcapt View Post
Most of it is asking about past work experiences and scenarios....... what did you do when this happen and give me examples of thiss situation.......that type of stuff
Thanks Poolcapt.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 PM

172 posts, read 330,417 times
Waiting, yes patiently waiting. We shall see.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haybusa___ View Post
We're all awaiting for the result's..................and the survey says???????
How'd it go?
hey haybusa,
sorry I missed this one. I think I did great! I was so sore today is the first day I am "okay". I think there are a lot of people who are callin it quits, and seeking, and taking other jobs. I can't say I blame them. It could potentially be a very long wait for some of us! I am glad your in, you will hav to keep us posted as to where they will send you.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzboyd View Post
mizzboyd here and good mornin to all and to the4hammys I really and truly hope that you do well tomorrow and I hope that you will come back on this site and let us know what happened with the test and all because I am so nervous because I don't know anything as to whether I passed the test or not so that is a little discouraging but the person who stated that if you did not pass you would have known while you were taking the test I hope they know what they are talking about because I am praying that I get hired for me and my family and I hope you do extremely well and pray that you will do good and you will do fine
Mizz Boyd,
Thanks so much for your kind words. I did do really well I think. I got told "nice job" a couple of times on the welding part, and those assesors weren't talking to nobody. My daddy woulda been proud, he was a welder and so are my brothers. I will be praying for you as well! Take care, and for day 2 testing remember to stretch out good, and do squats with the 25 pound weight! for sure!!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:21 AM

I'm posting this info that was passed on to me by someone contracted to work inside Toyota. In other words not on Toyota's payroll. We started out talking about working for Toyota and where I was in the hiring process. I explained I was to interview Jan 11 and thats when he "busted" my bubble of hopes. He stated even if I passed the interview and was offered a job that more than likely I would be waiting for 2-5 months before I would actually get to start working. They said the contractors are way behind on installing equipment that was shipped in from the closed California plant and pouring concrete and electrical work and this is the reason for the delay in hiring workers faster. They are sending some of the ones hired to other plants to train starting Jan 10. Like I said, this info was passed on to me this weekend and I know this person to be very reliable. It's sounding like most that are hired are indeed in for quiet a wait to get that first paycheck. Hope this helps shed some light and can only hope that the contractors will get it in high gear so Toyota can put more people to work sooner.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmon1966 View Post
I'm posting this info that was passed on to me by someone contracted to work inside Toyota. In other words not on Toyota's payroll. We started out talking about working for Toyota and where I was in the hiring process. I explained I was to interview Jan 11 and thats when he "busted" my bubble of hopes. He stated even if I passed the interview and was offered a job that more than likely I would be waiting for 2-5 months before I would actually get to start working. They said the contractors are way behind on installing equipment that was shipped in from the closed California plant and pouring concrete and electrical work and this is the reason for the delay in hiring workers faster. They are sending some of the ones hired to other plants to train starting Jan 10. Like I said, this info was passed on to me this weekend and I know this person to be very reliable. It's sounding like most that are hired are indeed in for quiet a wait to get that first paycheck. Hope this helps shed some light and can only hope that the contractors will get it in high gear so Toyota can put more people to work sooner.
Garmon,
Well thanks for sharing the info. I was kind of thinking after reading another post on here from the wife of a guy working and doing the hiring at the plant, just getting floors poured, well gonna be a while. I do appreciate your sharing info! Have a good day!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 AM

2 posts, read 4,709 times
First test: October ??
Call back: 1/8/11
Position: Multi Skilled Maintenance

Hi! Interesting to read posts. Most of those hired did not say if they were on the production line or the Multi Skilled.

Has anyone done the second step for multi skilled, if so, would you share what goes on? Is it similar to production? Is there a test for the second round or the work day simulation?

Thanks!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:17 AM

31 posts, read 67,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshunter 134 View Post
First test: October ??
Call back: 1/8/11
Position: Multi Skilled Maintenance

Hi! Interesting to read posts. Most of those hired did not say if they were on the production line or the Multi Skilled.

Has anyone done the second step for multi skilled, if so, would you share what goes on? Is it similar to production? Is there a test for the second round or the work day simulation?

Thanks!
My husband started on the second day testing for Multi-Skilled, but it was more advanced than what he felt he could do. In lieu of tearing up thousands of dollars worth of machinery, he opted out of the testing. If I remember correctly, he said it wasn't anything like the production test, which he is still in the running for. There was a wall of electrical sockets/outlets, etc, that had to be wired just so. There was a section of welding-actual welding, not just the play gun. He was also expected to run an industrial milling machine and an industrial size tig/mig? welder. These are machines that he had no experience on, and the instructor told him there were any number of people who, like him, had passed the computer part, but didn't know much about the actual machines. He also said opting out wouldn't affect his scoring on any of his production application. Hope this helps.

Garmon, keep the faith! They ARE hiring, and even if the building itself is still behind, a lot of people who get hired won't even start their Toyota career in that building, but at an already operational plant for training. So, still worth the wait, I think. At least the building is not sitting practically vacant like it had for a few years. Things are happening!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM

31 posts, read 67,422 times
Current progress:

"You have been scheduled to participate in a day of testing for the Production Team Member position. To check your scheduled day and time for directions, go to https://tmmms.selectrakonline.com/recruitment/portal/myjobs.aspx".

Grrr. This was December 7th.
And:

"Your application is currently being reviewed.
Please check back later to check on the status of your application."

Double Grrr.
At least I'll have some snow to play in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi