Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 PM

201 posts, read 386,483 times

Advertisements

Neither the Select website nor the Toyota website are accurate anymore due to the extremely high volume of applicants. They seem to be having trouble with keeping them updated. Some people have been hired and it still says application pending. Others have taken tests and it states to call and schedule for testing even though they are already taken. Don't totally rely on those websites to be correct and up to date. They are calling for interview and physical scheduling and it could be days to weeks between each. Most of the people will be brought in in July and August as they have to get trainers trained and equipment installed so they have something to train new team members with. Hope this is of some help to all that have applied. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 AM

41 posts, read 66,147 times
If you made it past the rejection letter a month back would that mean you would get get selected for the next stage of the process? It's been 10 long weeks since my interview. I know what mluv, gawells, and others went thru waiting.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 AM

222 posts, read 371,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmon1966 View Post
Neither the Select website nor the Toyota website are accurate anymore due to the extremely high volume of applicants. They seem to be having trouble with keeping them updated. Some people have been hired and it still says application pending. Others have taken tests and it states to call and schedule for testing even though they are already taken. Don't totally rely on those websites to be correct and up to date. They are calling for interview and physical scheduling and it could be days to weeks between each. Most of the people will be brought in in July and August as they have to get trainers trained and equipment installed so they have something to train new team members with. Hope this is of some help to all that have applied. Best of luck.
Thanks Garmon1966 for the update. Yes, it can get frustrating with all the waiting and the don't know. I know it's very hard on the out of state applicants like myself. It can get expensive driving back and forth and the plane tickets. I have faith and know I have the job it's just the waiting.Seems like they are calling pretty fast for day1 and day2 now. It's just the interview process. My status has said interview scheduled since Feb. 28 and still no call yet. I'm here in Tupelo now and was hopeing I would get a call before I went back home. However it seems I will be making another trip here once I get the call.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:39 AM

28 posts, read 53,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garmon1966 View Post
Most of our training has been going on in Georgetown, KY. They have been bringing in a little over 100 new hires a month since Feb. and it is really starting to pick up. We will have a lot of people from the Kentucky plant helping us get started around Fall and they will be spending several months at the Mississippi plant. I wish the best of luck to those of you going thru the hiring process and hope to see you joining the Toyota family. I started in Jan. and so far for me it has been an enjoyable experience.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 AM

49 posts, read 75,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucreb View Post
It's actually not even that far. It's about 10-11 miles
I stand corrected. Thanks for clarification. I've been there just recalled incorrectly. Hope to see ya there

Old 03-19-2011, 10:21 AM

60 posts, read 101,572 times
Yesterday i called toyota about my final offer and she apoligized telling me that i should have be contacted days ago and she didnt know why nobody had tried calling me.. She said everything is just a big mess right now and they are running them crazy and all around the clock.. So she is sending me my final offer to my email. She also said that the websites are not correct and are way behind..

Old 03-19-2011, 12:01 PM

27 posts, read 52,115 times
this is good to know I talked to someone this week who said if you go yhrough the drug screen and background check you are just waiting for someone to call with ur offer. How long have you been waiting

Old 03-19-2011, 12:48 PM

60 posts, read 101,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hms1977 View Post
this is good to know I talked to someone this week who said if you go yhrough the drug screen and background check you are just waiting for someone to call with ur offer. How long have you been waiting
It took about 2 months from my interview to get my offer. Hopefully its moving alot faster now. My whole timeline from start to finish was 8 months.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:53 PM

88 posts, read 151,096 times
Romo22, what date is your interview scheduled and do you have your resumes? My interview is scheduled for next Tuesday 03/29. Cant wait to join the Toyota Team!!

Old 03-19-2011, 01:42 PM

146 posts, read 245,659 times
I went in for Day 1 of testing 2 weeks ago and they just e-mailed me saying that I have been selected for the next phase of testing which is Day 2 simulation...Is anyone here scheduled for March 30 @ 12:45 pm for the simulation testing??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi