Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 05:35 PM

8 posts, read 14,586 times

Advertisements

Hi all...Like many, I have recently lost my job. And like many bad things happen at bad times. My wife has a bit of a problem with her smile now and until I can find a job with benefits, the permentant fix is too expensive for us.

In brief, she had a temporary implant done to one of her front teeth a few years back while awaiting the whole bridge thing...Sorry I am not up on dental terms...she never had the work completed...just lived with the temp (Unitl now).

Well, the post broke and her front tooth, of course, came out. I want to get her back her smile at least until we can afford to have the $1,300 or more worth of bridge work done when I am back to work.

This is what I am wondering I can find as a temp solution...I went through a great deal of dental work about a decade back when I had some gum desease... which resulted in a loose front tooth. While focusing on other areas of my gums, the dentist literally "popped" out that loose tooth and bonded it with a white glue or something to the tooth to its side. Well, all the rest of the work was done but I screwed around with the glued tooth and for over 8 years, lived with it. What ever that was, it held that dead tooth in place for that long.

I finally had that resolved a few years back, thank goodness.

Back to my wife. We have some savings but every dentist she has spoken to here in Olive Branch will not touch her without going all the way through the whole Bridge process. All I want to do is get her her smile back until I can get back to work (Hopefully with a good dental plan) and she can have everything done permanently.

Is anyone here perhaps a dentist, dental hygienist or similar in the OB, Southaven, etc. area and know who might be able to give her just the temporary bonding???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 10:13 PM

783 posts, read 2,257,268 times
My dentist in Winona is a young fellow who is very accommodating. Hard to answer your question without a look, but I suggest giving him a call. I think ads are verboten here, so just google Winona MS dentist and look for the one named like a vacuum cleaner. He shares an office so you'll see the same number with multiple names.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:58 AM

poptones,

Thanks much. Understand about the ads and pretty sure I know what the name might be....I will call!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:54 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
... so just google Winona MS dentist and look for the one named like a vacuum cleaner. He shares an office so you'll see the same number with multiple names.
I couldn't find a Dr. Kirby, Dr. Dyson, Dr. Oreck or Dr. Dirt Devil anywhere in Winona

Old 11-20-2009, 07:14 AM

Heheheheeee...."Eureka"!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:28 AM

783 posts, read 2,257,268 times
LOL. And don't think for a minute that, as a dentist, he sucks.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 AM

As long as he does his work "upright" (booooo, I know).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi