Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:45 AM

81 posts, read 238,586 times

Advertisements

I just want to be enlighten because other than maybe Columbia where the University of Missouri is located, I have not experienced blatant racism towards my peers. I thought the State of Arizona was by far the most bigoted state, but the racism that residents display in Missouri is out of this world.

I remember one day I heard residents or employee at a Target store just flat out talking about how they do not like this minority group. I also observe all forms of racism everyday while I was there, I wondered if I was in a different era where it was acceptable to belittle and demean minority groups.

From St. louis, to Springfield, to Kansas City, oh my goodness. I do not want to give residents in Missouri a bad wrap, but you know the saying if it sounds like a ducks, walks like a duck, looks like a duck, its a duck. If it looks like racism, sounds like racism, it is racism.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:20 AM

694 posts, read 1,356,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Maybe because he/she is interested in those subjects?
I agree City Data Guy - and my reply to him would be the same words he posted on another City Data forum on 8/4/10

"You are so delusional, if only you knew how it feels to be a black man in America. "Everything is not always what it seems to be". I really do not like it when people of other ethnic backgrounds try to make it more simple than what it really is.

This was from a discussion about the shooting that took place when a man went on a shooting rampage and killed nine in a Connecticut beer distributor "after being caught on video stealing from the company".

Nine dead in Connecticut beer distributor shooting; Omar Thornton identified as gunman | 7online.com

prine had this to say "It is sad after all that has happened, but every man has his boiling point. You just don't wake up one morning and tell yourself I am going to shoot a bunch of people. I am almost certain there was a chain of events that happened at the workplace which had to do with race playing a huge role. Do any of you know how it feels being the only person of color at the workplace? That was the boiling point, and unfortunately those folks had know idea they were going to trigger it that moment when they were going to let him go. Sad....but every man has there boiling point."

That is all I need to hear from prime to know he isn't worth wasting any more of my time on.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:37 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Maybe because he/she is interested in those subjects?
Or possbily is the one doing a lot of the judging as far as sex and race goes.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:00 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,452 times
Yea I know Colorado was the worse for me and my wife had trouble finding a place to live and a Job.Just because I was White Minority

brushrunner

Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 PM

4,364 posts, read 4,563,604 times
I don't appreciate the title of this thread. The OP has effectively called me, my family, and my close friends (all lifetime Missouri residents) "racist". This is unacceptable. The OP should find something more worthwhile to do with his/her time, rather than name-calling.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:46 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
If you changed the title to read America instead of Missouri you and I might have some agreement, but such bizarre generalizing is going to find you few friends here.

Most of the racism I have seen in my life, and this goes for both Missouri and elsewhere, is of the backyard BBQ variety, not overt racism as you are describing having been witness to here. If you have seen otherwise, I am sorry for your experience, but that having happened in Missouri and me being a Missourian certainly doesn't make me a racist.

Your rant is misdirected and I can only hope that having a place to vent online will help you to realize how much.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:41 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
if you changed the title to read america instead of missouri you and i might have some agreement, but such bizarre generalizing is going to find you few friends here.

Most of the racism i have seen in my life, and this goes for both missouri and elsewhere, is of the backyard bbq variety, not overt racism as you are describing having been witness to here. If you have seen otherwise, i am sorry for your experience, but that having happened in missouri and me being a missourian certainly doesn't make me a racist.

Your rant is misdirected and i can only hope that having a place to vent online will help you to realize how much.

yeah! What he said!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:00 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
I just want to be enlighten because other than maybe Columbia where the University of Missouri is located, I have not experienced blatant racism towards my peers. I thought the State of Arizona was by far the most bigoted state, but the racism that residents display in Missouri is out of this world.

I remember one day I heard residents or employee at a Target store just flat out talking about how they do not like this minority group. I also observe all forms of racism everyday while I was there, I wondered if I was in a different era where it was acceptable to belittle and demean minority groups.

From St. louis, to Springfield, to Kansas City, oh my goodness. I do not want to give residents in Missouri a bad wrap, but you know the saying if it sounds like a ducks, walks like a duck, looks like a duck, its a duck. If it looks like racism, sounds like racism, it is racism.
It's not.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:

Soooooooooooo..............because I was born and raised in Missouri, moved away for 20 years, moved back to Missouri and live here now, I'm a racist? You dont even know any of us.
How ignorant is it to assume that every resident of Missouri is racist, based on something you "heard"?
I dont know where you are, but I would bet $ that the same could be said of whatever burb you are in.
Sheesh, what is up with people?

Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 PM

28 posts, read 70,265 times
Hey OP, you are way off base. Missouri isn't racist and Arizona isn't either. Where do you get off making such moronic comments? Have you really been to either state other than just flying or driving through? How is Arizona a bigoted state in your silly mind? Is it because of the illegal immigration law and you only heard what you wanted to hear from the slanted media or the elitist Hollywood scene? Maybe you should explore or even live in a state before you make silly accusations against the people in it.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri