Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:32 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
awww MrsG I surely hope you can get plenty of rest tonight and wake up ready to hit the road runnin' in the am
Thanks, Jammer! Sleep and I just don't seem to be on the same page these days. Turns out, last night was no different...nor tonight, so far. This is my last post of the evening...er...morning...so I think I'll go see what I can do about rectifying that.

Gnite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 11:23 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,019 times
Default YAH!!! Who needs MySpace?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Boof. Now that is what I call creative. Nice going and so glad to be here myself. Y'all are the bestest and such a fun bunch. You have just about said it all. Well, on second thought, you did, youd said it all. Great going girl. Now, about what to put under there...hmmmmmm, anyone with ideas?

As far as LJ, and the others, I be tryin'. Still have to motor around this here CDF and find others first.

Applause agin to yas.
Voyager, You are so sweet, you make my teeth hurt. Your posts are so fun to read....you make me smile real big!!! I'm savin' a real big hug for you!!! Thank you for rootin' for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Well well well! Now for any of you who are new to these Missouri forums and just happened to swerve into this one at Mach 0.8 or Warp 7.5, all of this proves just one thing: Who the heck needs MySpace??!!

And far be it for Boof to stall at 101, I'm raising her to 102 forthwith!! And our next endeavor is to vault Lake Junkie over the 50 plateau!! Oh, the suspense, the intrigue, the excitement. Let's do it, everyone!!
(((NBEric,)))

Have I told you lately that YOU TOTALLY ROCK!?!?!?!? Well....you do!!!!! From one Californian to another....I'd like to get out my pom poms and cheer you on to get the heck out of that crazy state, and come to Missourah ASAP!!! You HAVE to!!! It's a matter of life or death!!! The death of your sanity, that is.

Ya know, one of the reasons this forum is so fun to visit, is because of people like you. Your posts are 'real', and fun and real funny. It's nice havin' ya here....cuz us nutz gots ta stick together, right??

Thanks for extra point too!!! To borrow words from John Denver...
"If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine for all the while"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
/Hobbes getting tad frustrated, trying and then waiting for the 'you've given too much love to Boofers and/or others, spread it around big boy' to pass, and then get the 'you've given too much love in the past 24 hours, please sit and wait as time rambles by'...

But, nonetheless, to ya for passing the 100 mark!!!

Caver, Caver, Caver....What can I say to my biggest supporter??? If it weren't for YOU...yes, YOU....I wouldn't have as many points as I do. So how exactly does one show their immense appreciation???? No really....I'm asking....LOL

Well, being the clepto (sp?) that I am, let me steal....er...borrow more lyrics from 10,000 Maniacs...
"Where is the halo that should glow 'round your face,
and where are the wings that should grow from your shoulder blades?
Show them to me."

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for always showing me such genuine kindness.....I've saved a Big Fat Hug for you too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
I just love ya'all. Even if a person could'nt read they would sure get a kick out of this forum with all the smileys and cool cool pics. Congrats! boof on your rep points. Can't wait to see what youll come up with below your name.
Thanks BA, I couldn't have gotten them points without everyone here....I'm very lucky to have found great friends like you. Can you believe I haven't come up with a subtitle yet? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Congratulations for your much deserved kudos here, Boof and Lake Junkie!!! Da Jammer has great taste in forumers!

I wish I could take the time to do this thread justice but I just haven't got it in me tonight. I've sure laughed a lot, though! I have been having trouble sleeping lately and last night, it was 2:30am before I climbed in bed to try again. I'm hoping I can get to sleep early tonight since I need to wake up early in the mornin'. It takes a looooong time to make myself presentable these days! Otherwise, ya'll'd be like...!!!

MrsG

P.S. To the rest of you wanna-be's, we'll catch ya on the flip side! Remember...your day WILL come!!!
Thank you doll....We are both very lucky to have a friend like Jams...he's definitely "MillONEion". (little puzzle there for ya)

And darlin'....anytime you post you do it justice. We just like havin' you around....just bein'......You!!! Hope you are getting more rest these evenings.

Pooped and goin' to bed now,
Boof

Old 08-12-2007, 01:06 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times
Wink Aw, gosh, Boof....!

Thank you kindly, Boof! Yep, the first time my better half stepped on Missouri soil when I took her there for her first time three years ago, she knew too that we'd eventually leave this crazy state. And this is a pretty crazy part of a crazy state I'm living in! But we just have to keep on moving forward and not let it get us too far down. My wife loved Missouri right from the beginning; and we got to go on another vacation back there last year. You gotta visit Ha Ha Tonka State Park and Bridal Cave in the Camdenton area when you get the chance!

You know how in stock car racing some of the cars follow really close behind the cars just ahead of them? It's a technique called "drafting" that lets the car use a little less energy staying behind the one right in front. Well, that's the strategy I'm trying to use in getting my wife and I moved back there (side note: I lived in suburban St. Louis until I was 18, then moved here to Santa Rosa). See, I've been trying to "draft" right behind you, Boof! I figure if I stay with you here in these forums, this will have the effect of slingshotting us out of here and to our future digs in the St. Joseph area. And I think it's working thus far! Not to mention getting to become friends with you too!

Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 AM

791 posts, read 1,820,019 times
Quote:
Thank you kindly, Boof! Yep, the first time my better half stepped on Missouri soil when I took her there for her first time three years ago, she knew too that we'd eventually leave this crazy state. And this is a pretty crazy part of a crazy state I'm living in! But we just have to keep on moving forward and not let it get us too far down. My wife loved Missouri right from the beginning; and we got to go on another vacation back there last year. You gotta visit Ha Ha Tonka State Park and Bridal Cave in the Camdenton area when you get the chance!

You know how in stock car racing some of the cars follow really close behind the cars just ahead of them? It's a technique called "drafting" that lets the car use a little less energy staying behind the one right in front. Well, that's the strategy I'm trying to use in getting my wife and I moved back there (side note: I lived in suburban St. Louis until I was 18, then moved here to Santa Rosa). See, I've been trying to "draft" right behind you, Boof! I figure if I stay with you here in these forums, this will have the effect of slingshotting us out of here and to our future digs in the St. Joseph area. And I think it's working thus far! Not to mention getting to become friends with you too!
NB Eric,

Drafting is DEFINITELY allowed. I'll be sure not to eat any beans for ya. hehehehe **snork snork**

Thanks for the tips on Ha Ha Tonka & Bridal Cave. What with all this movin' in bidness, we haven't had much of a chance to venture out much. So it's nice to hear of Must See places that we should hit first.

It's great to hear how much you both love MO!!! Your wifey is a good woman....I mean, if she loves our beautiful MO......she's got it goin' on!!! Now, it looks like we're gonna have to work on you as far as St. Joe's goes. hehehehe LOLOL That's a little too far from usn's in the SW, and you can't get that close and be so far away!!! Ya know, DH & I originally thought we were headed up North too...but God said NO. So, not being one to argue with Da Man, we said, ok, to the SW it is. And ya know, we are sooooo glad we settled where we did. So, I'm gonna put in some requests and see if we can't get you closer to Da Gang.

Take Care & tell your good woman Hi for us.

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah...,(cheerin' ya on)
Boof

Old 08-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Talking Bump drafting...

Quote:
You're going to fit in quite nicely, NorthBay...and bump drafting is where you nudge the guy in front of you and give him a little boost which in turn "pulls" you along a little faster too!

Here we go bump drafting, kids!

Just because you might be a lap down, doesn't mean we can't all finish the race!

Old 08-13-2007, 12:13 AM

Hey, now, you're talking to someone who is a Ranch Style Beans conoisseur! Nice tri-tip roast with McCormack's Mesquite Marinade on the barbecue, a couple of ears of corn, big glass of iced tea...and a hearty helping of ranch style beans right out of the can and heated up on the stove...mmm, mmm, mmm! Just don't tell the Global Warming hotheads here in my neck of the grape vineyards, I mean woods, about the resulting flatulence, huh?

Anyway, thanks for the favor, Boof! Those K & N air cleaners can be a booger to clean, and pretty expensive to replace too!

Wait'll the temperature gets back down in the 70s or 80s, and then see if you can make it up Highway 44 and get over to Ha Ha Tonka and Bridal Cave. Jeez, it's been hot back there! 99 degrees at the start of the Cardinal baseball game against the Dodgers in St. Louis. You need to get inside a cave to cool off when it gets that stupid hot back there. This too shall pass! As much as I grump about this area, at least it's been staying in the 70s during the day. It'll get hot during October's Indian summer, though.

You know, my wife (she is a great woman! So glad I waited until my late 30s for her to come along and marry her) and I have felt like the good Lord has been beckoning us to come to St. Joseph--this after we were planning on relocating to Fenton, near St. Louis. I also considered Ozark, Nixa and Rogersville, but St. Joseph is just such a fine old town that will probably feel a lot more western than Santa Rosa does (which by itself isn't saying much. At least the CA Gold Country towns make you feel like you're back in the Old West). I'll check it out and see how it is when I visit there next month. It's got a lot of great two-story Victorian homes in town, and we like old houses where you can sit out on the big covered front porch as the sun's going down and drink iced tea or cranberry juice and hear all the crickets chirping away. Of course to do anything like that here in this part of California would run you the better part of $600K, and there aren't that many crickets!.

Don't worry, it's only a 3 1/2-hour romp from old St. Joe down Highway 71 and then east on 44 to get down there. I can vaguely remember visiting Kimberling City and Lampe way back in 1980 and staying at a Swiss chalet-type vacation home in Lampe for a couple of days. I think it was called Mountain Oaks where the vacation homes were. My wife thinks Branson would be a bit overwhelming, but I know she'd love Kimberling City and Table Rock Lake to visit. But for us, there's just something about St. Joseph that's calling us to relocate there. Don't worry, we'll make it down to SWMO in due time. Heck, look at how people come to Sturgis, South Dakota from all over for their big motorcycle wingding each year! And we're used to traveling 4 hours to get up to Virginia City or up to Eureka and so forth. Well anyway, 11:13 and time for my head to hit the pillow.

Keep pulling for our friends da jammer and StJoeFanatic, OK dear? --NB Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
NB Eric,

Drafting is DEFINITELY allowed. I'll be sure not to eat any beans for ya. hehehehe **snork snork**

Thanks for the tips on Ha Ha Tonka & Bridal Cave. What with all this movin' in bidness, we haven't had much of a chance to venture out much. So it's nice to hear of Must See places that we should hit first.

It's great to hear how much you both love MO!!! Your wifey is a good woman....I mean, if she loves our beautiful MO......she's got it goin' on!!! Now, it looks like we're gonna have to work on you as far as St. Joe's goes. hehehehe LOLOL That's a little too far from usn's in the SW, and you can't get that close and be so far away!!! Ya know, DH & I originally thought we were headed up North too...but God said NO. So, not being one to argue with Da Man, we said, ok, to the SW it is. And ya know, we are sooooo glad we settled where we did. So, I'm gonna put in some requests and see if we can't get you closer to Da Gang.

Take Care & tell your good woman Hi for us.

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah...,(cheerin' ya on)
Boof

Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
You're going to fit in quite nicely, NorthBay...and bump drafting is where you nudge the guy in front of you and give him a little boost which in turn "pulls" you along a little faster too!
Here we go bump drafting, kids!
Just because you might be a lap down, doesn't mean we can't all finish the race!
Gotta make sure my Cardinal baseball cap doesn't fly off! WHEEEEEE!!!!
Yours affectionately and gratefully, Eric

Old 08-13-2007, 08:13 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Quote:
I can vaguely remember visiting Kimberling City and Lampe way back in 1980 and staying at a Swiss chalet-type vacation home in Lampe for a couple of days. I think it was called Mountain Oaks where the vacation homes were.
It's now Black Oak Mountain Village...started as Swiss Chalet Resort back in the day...and has now become whole ownership homes.

Quote:
My wife thinks Branson would be a bit overwhelming, but I know she'd love Kimberling City and Table Rock Lake to visit.
Are you talking about visiting Branson being overwhelming? Or moving to Branson being overwhelming?

Quote:
But for us, there's just something about St. Joseph that's calling us to relocate there. Don't worry, we'll make it down to SWMO in due time. Heck, look at how people come to Sturgis, South Dakota from all over for their big motorcycle wingding each year! And we're used to traveling 4 hours to get up to Virginia City or up to Eureka and so forth.
You're sooooooo California, NB Eric...we think nothin of a few hours drive, do we?

Love ya, man.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:58 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times

I so love John Denver. Here's my favriot. I dedicated it to my hubby.
"You fill up my senses like a walk in the forest
like the mountains in spring time
like a walk in the rain.
like a storm in the dessert
like the sleepy blue ocean."
Like I just like all those things dont you?
Man good ol John D.
Im such a weirdo ahhhahaah
I do like it though. Honest.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:37 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default forrest,rain, mountains, desert, ocean, ahhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post

I so love John Denver. Here's my favriot. I dedicated it to my hubby.
"You fill up my senses like a walk in the forest
like the mountains in spring time
like a walk in the rain.
like a storm in the dessert
like the sleepy blue ocean."
Like I just like all those things dont you?
Man good ol John D.
Im such a weirdo ahhhahaah
I do like it though. Honest.
Thanks for that reminder. One of my favorites also. Very favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri