Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:37 PM

129 posts, read 478,173 times

Advertisements

"We have no "problem children" in our society only challenging children."
Our children challenge us as parents, teachers, and society.
As parents our children challenge us in our parenting skills.
As a teacher our children are challenging us in our teaching
skills. As a society our children are teaching us how to reach them.

So what does everyone think. If I have misspelled words sorry that is my challenge. I would like impute to see if you get the meaning of the quote iI made.
Thanks
Icelady
God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 08:07 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Default Great Idea!

Great Idea, Icelady! And although I haven't found spell check on here, I think we'uns can get the gist. (Hey...where did THAT come from?)

We meant what you knew!

I love quoting Mark Twain. This one is on my website:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." – Mark Twain

Old 08-21-2007, 10:14 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,496 times
[quote=icelady;1322299]"We have no "problem children" in our society only challenging children."
Our children challenge us as parents, teachers, and society.
As parents our children challenge us in our parenting skills.
As a teacher our children are challenging us in our teaching
skills. As a society our children are teaching us how to reach them.

So what does everyone think. If I have misspelled words sorry that is my challenge. I would like impute to see if you get the meaning of the quote iI made.
Thanks
Icelady
God Bless[/QUOTE
Sounds lilke we, the parents, are the children. I've been a mother for 8 years now. I still go to bed and think how I could've handled certain situations better. Feel guilty about everything I do. I should have spent more time, I should,nt let them eat that, that kind of thing. Children should get together and form a class. GIve us handouts and homework. Then when we earn our liscense we can have more children.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:45 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Lightbulb OK...slow down.

Oh, I get what you want...(silly me...reading too fast)...

I see that as a challenge to see things differently.
Rather than see some children as "problem", to see those children as a challenge to teachers, parents and society.
And as an opportunity to grow, as teachers, parents and society.

That's my take.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM

318 posts, read 727,265 times
[/QUOTE
Children should get together and form a class. GIve us handouts and homework. Then when we earn our liscense we can have more children. [/quote]

You sound like my husband. We have said on numerous occasions when something wrong comes up with the kids, "You didn't come with a handbook and we are doing our best to raise you the right way". It puzzled them at first to actually realize what we said. I'll bet you someone has probably made a book -- Raising Kids for Dummies....

Old 08-21-2007, 11:37 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,128 times
made me think to hard ...

I dont see children as a problem ... so I hope I read this right .. but children are here to push us to think harder to keep our brains functioning ... they are our adult lessons in life .... not a easy lesson ..

ok Ill shut up w hat lake junkie said

Old 08-21-2007, 10:31 PM

Lake Junkie and 2be I feel you couldnt be anymore correct. You two have such a way with words. Cheers to ya both!!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:25 PM

145 posts, read 655,837 times
As a teacher, I love the 'challenge' of being creative enough to get and keep kids attention, and then challenge them back . The problems I see are not the children themselves at all--it is that our society as a whole is letting them down in numerous ways. We need to quit playing the blame game, get out of the rut we are in (the "qwerty" principle), and help the children NOW as much as possible--meet the challenges with them, not for them. Good quote, icelady!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
You sound like my husband. We have said on numerous occasions when something wrong comes up with the kids, "You didn't come with a handbook and we are doing our best to raise you the right way". It puzzled them at first to actually realize what we said. I'll bet you someone has probably made a book -- Raising Kids for Dummies....

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/kidsndummies.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/kidsndummies.jpg (broken link)
Hey! I need one of those!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri