Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times

Advertisements

OOOOOH nooooooooooooo! you cannot use margarine. Use real butter!. Margarine is one molecule away from being plastic. So unhealthy! I dont know how to make biscuits and gravy form scratch but I do know what is bad for ya and margarine is deffinatly bad! Use butter!

Last edited by bentaxlecrew; 09-10-2007 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: contradiction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 12:09 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,396,136 times
All this talk about butter and biscuits makes my stomach scream for me to stop dieting...oh well...almost where I wanna be anyway...soon, VERY Soon, every biscuit will cringe in fear of ajf131 as he walks into the local KFC, hat pulled over his eyes, KFC bowtie straight, and donning his plastic butter knife

Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
OOOOOH nooooooooooooo! you cannot use margarine. Use real butter!. Margarine is one molecule away from being plastic. So unhealthy! I dont know how to make biscuits and gravy form scratch but I do know what is bad for ya and margarine is deffinatly bad! Use butter!
my aunt the home ec teacher ........ swears if you buy particular butter its nothing but plastic might as well be melting plastic .........

now what is really clogging our arteries ............ plastic or fat?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,727 times
karey the other day I found a forum for ppl who like to cook ..............

I was looking for a new meat loaf idea..........shhhhhhhhh dh thinks his meat loaf is the one and only we can use ........... bllaaaaaaaaaaaa

plus am planning my cookie exchange... (anyone from Mo want to come? Im about 4 hours from Branson)

Old 09-11-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
All this talk about butter and biscuits makes my stomach scream for me to stop dieting...oh well...almost where I wanna be anyway...soon, VERY Soon, every biscuit will cringe in fear of ajf131 as he walks into the local KFC, hat pulled over his eyes, KFC bowtie straight, and donning his plastic butter knife
KFC makes the bestest biscuits in the whole world!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
my aunt the home ec teacher ........ swears if you buy particular butter its nothing but plastic might as well be melting plastic .........

now what is really clogging our arteries ............ plastic or fat?
Both I think! Another main contributor to clogging our arteries is Chlorine. No kidden! It absorbs through the skin even when you shower! So swimming in those lakes is a good idea. You might want to bath in them also. Here, we buy shower filters. Didnt mean to go off topic, Im done.
About that cookie exchange? How do you think they would hold up in the mail?

Last edited by bentaxlecrew; 09-11-2007 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: Added question

Old 09-11-2007, 10:52 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Both I think! Another main contributor to clogging our arteries is Chlorine. No kidden! It absorbs through the skin even when you shower! So swimming in those lakes is a good idea. You might want to bath in them also. Here, we buy shower filters. Didnt mean to go off topic, Im done.
About that cookie exchange? How do you think they would hold up in the mail?
Cl filters are indeed a good/great idea... had a filter installed in the one and only house ever had that was hooked to city water.

As to the mailing of cookies, as a designated cookie monster, I do hereby offer my services to yas to ascertain the quality of the cookies, along with insuring that they are indeed of proper shipping materials and packaging.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:53 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
No, No, NO, bentaxlecrew, don't listen to him....mail cookies to me and I will be your official taste tester and will repack and mail for you. I used ti mail cookies and such to my sons in college and in the service. NO problem

Old 09-11-2007, 12:21 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times

Ok, listen here lady... just who do you think is a more betterer cookie taste tester?
She who merely cooked and shipped 'em, or he that actually knows what good cookies taste like?

PS: as part of my credentials will admit that during a microscope training session in Chicago, yours truly was possibly could be potentially the culprit who found the hidden stash of El Fudges that were snoogered away in a pantry... maybe... and then proceeded to open and share such treasures w/ his classmates...

Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,570 times
Hey Hey now!!! This is the Biscuit n Gravy Thread. Nothing about cookies in Here. 2be There yah go about messing up my Thread about some Cookies. Hummmmm just for that I ain't coming

Now you two behave yourselves. You gotta bring a dozen or more cookies to be in this cookies exchange and I ain't gonna go for that store bought stuff or them crumbling cookies. NO WAY Hose A!!!

I am make a really good meatloaf (hint hint)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri