Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:50 PM

205 posts, read 532,353 times

Advertisements

I looked through the thread about Missouri events. It was too late to post about this, but I was wondering if anyone attends the Turkey Festival in Eldon? We used to always enjoy going to it. All the neat booths full of crafts and great food. It always smelled so good there! The parade was always good. And always we'd run into friends and coworkers. Was a fun time.

We never did go the the Apple Festival in Versailles. Seems we never could get the time to do it. We will make time when we return for that and numerous other great events in the area.

I also found it odd in the pet thread that nobody from Missouri posted pics of any Beagles! That's just wrong!! The greatest dog breed on earth in my opinion!

Can't wait to get there! Hopefully someday we can meet some of you fine folks on here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 03:36 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,653,870 times
My Uncle has a bunch of Beagles, He's down by Poplar Bluff, Little town called Broseley, They are his rabbit Dogs.. My Aunt (rip) Use to make the best Rabbit and Dumplings, or Squirrel and Dumplings or even chicken and Dumplings

Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 AM

732 posts, read 2,981,031 times
If you hang around until June, you can go to the Testicle Festival in Olean, about 5 miles north of Eldon, and sample Turkey parts you wouldn't normally get to try. Not saying they taste good, just different. Very different.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepreacherswife View Post
If you hang around until June, you can go to the Testicle Festival in Olean, about 5 miles north of Eldon, and sample Turkey parts you wouldn't normally get to try. Not saying they taste good, just different. Very different.

Yeah. I remember the t-shirts..."I had a ball at the Testicle Festival"!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:32 AM

537 posts, read 1,322,502 times
Default Bring on the beagles

We'll have to check this out when we get down there. We have a beagle too, just got her a few weeks ago. Althout she is no hunting dog, in fact we have a pet rabbit and they play together lol. I think I will stick to the chicken though

Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 PM

This our Beagle Holly. She's not the least bit spoiled!!!

Snoozing with my wife.

This is our other baby. Her name is Gypsy. She's not spoiled either! She's quite camera shy so it's hard to get good pictures of her.

Last edited by r8rfan; 01-09-2008 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: added a couple more pics.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:22 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,617,107 times
Beautiful doggies!

I love beagles, but as an apartment dweller we just can't have one. They need more exercise than I can offer and man can they bark!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Beautiful doggies!

I love beagles, but as an apartment dweller we just can't have one. They need more exercise than I can offer and man can they bark!
Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure they appreciate it!!

That's a shame. It's hard for me to imagine life without a beagle!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:56 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,617,107 times
SO's parents have a beagele and she is just wonderful (though a lot for them to handle)

We got a Boston terrier last year and liked her so much we got another this year. They're perfect apartment dogs.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
SO's parents have a beagele and she is just wonderful (though a lot for them to handle)

We got a Boston terrier last year and liked her so much we got another this year. They're perfect apartment dogs.
They'll let you have Boston terriers but not Beagles? Isn't that discrimination?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri