Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,796 times

Advertisements

Okay, let me state the obvious...IT'S SNOWING!

I understand that Branson was among the first cities to get the snow and it is working its way north. My husband left for Springfield and thought he'd try to get in some work before it started and told me to call him when it started. Well, he wasn't even there before I called. I said, "It's blowing sideways but I'm sure it's gonna stick when it finally hits the ground." Within five minutes, I said, "If you haven't turned around to come home, you'd better do it. It's a blizzard out there and it is definitely sticking!"

I hope all of you are able to stay in where it's warm and dry today. Let's remember to pray for those who must be out on the roads and all the emergency workers and tow truck drivers!

http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-2526-gele.gif (broken link) MrsG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 01:05 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,829,880 times
We have about 2 inches here.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:12 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
We have about 2 inches here.
About the same in north east Arkansas

Old 01-31-2008, 01:34 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
So much blowing snow. Finally!!! Have reason to just stay home now. Went to town, 15+ mile trip and am ready for it. Refilled all of the bird feeders and put out suet a ndother feed. Must have tons of the feathered critters out there now! From tiny chickadees to big woodpeckers. Was able to stand still for awhile and the birds just landed all around and enjoyed their treats.

Had bean soup for lunch with onion slices and crispy crackers. Didn't have any cornbread. Even had some sweet tea in this weather!

So lovely outside.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:35 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,121 times
I was at lunch with a customer today when his cell rang. His son was driving back from MO State in Springfield and got caught in an accident with 6 tractor trailers on 44 near the Union, MO exit. IT's all good, everyone walked away but the car my friend's son was driving is totaled and he has a broken hand but that's about it.

One of the truckers told the kid that he had to make a choice, rear end him, (Monte Carlo) or rear end another tractor trailer. Luckly he chose the the TT as the cab of his truck ended up in the back of the other trailer. If he would have hit the Monte my friend's son would have been crushed between two TT's and more than likely would not have lived.

The driver said he knew that if the hit the MC everyone in it would die so thats why he hit the other tractor.

Crazy stuff! Be safe out there!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:52 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Oh, my. Quick thinking on the TT drivers part. Dangerous roads out there about now. Roads here in Mid Mo are slippery. I'm about 50 minutes from Union exit at I-44. Glad to hear nothing worse happened.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
So much blowing snow. Finally!!! Have reason to just stay home now. Went to town, 15+ mile trip and am ready for it. Refilled all of the bird feeders and put out suet a ndother feed. Must have tons of the feathered critters out there now! From tiny chickadees to big woodpeckers. Was able to stand still for awhile and the birds just landed all around and enjoyed their treats.

Had bean soup for lunch with onion slices and crispy crackers. Didn't have any cornbread. Even had some sweet tea in this weather!

So lovely outside.
I am always glad when I read that you remember our little feathered friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Okay, let me state the obvious...IT'S SNOWING!

I understand that Branson was among the first cities to get the snow and it is working its way north. My husband left for Springfield and thought he'd try to get in some work before it started and told me to call him when it started. Well, he wasn't even there before I called. I said, "It's blowing sideways but I'm sure it's gonna stick when it finally hits the ground." Within five minutes, I said, "If you haven't turned around to come home, you'd better do it. It's a blizzard out there and it is definitely sticking!"

I hope all of you are able to stay in where it's warm and dry today. Let's remember to pray for those who must be out on the roads and all the emergency workers and tow truck drivers!

http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-2526-gele.gif (broken link) MrsG
yes, I have everyone in my thought and prayers, just heard from my best friend in Ste Gen, she is on her way home from Arnold, am a bit concerned for her, hope I-55 is in good shape, highway 61 will be tricky for her once she gets off the interstate!

Old 01-31-2008, 03:04 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Northeast Kansas got NO snow out of this system.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:45 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,829,880 times
Ya. You have to be careful in this weather.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,395,129 times
7.8 inches on the ground in St. Louis. Looks like the giant snowstorm we had earlier this year has repeated itself. All classes at SLU were cancelled today. Makes me one happy mofo, as i can sleep in hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri