Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:39 AM

93 posts, read 305,329 times

Advertisements

First off, I have to tell you that I have really enjoyed reading the discussions you all have been having over the last few months; I think the Missouri board has some of the nicest people on this website.

My 2 kids and I are moving back to Missouri after having been in Arizona for about 3 years, and let me tell you, WE CAN'T WAIT!!

Although we're not Missouri natives, as far as my children are concerned, it's home, and I so regret leaving. I waited a long time to post here because I didn't know if and when I'd be able to move back and I'm sure I would have just come across as a big old crybaby. But it's set, we're leaving May 26th!!

I already bought a house in Marceline, where I have family. I have read a few negative things written about Marceline, but I think it's all perspective; I love it, it's a great place to raise your kids and there's always a little something going on, even though it's a small town. I wish we had lived there these past three years!

Even though I'll be way up there in the northern part of the state, you can bet you'll be seeing me at one of your get togethers you have down south; distance is nothing but a road, and I LOVE to drive.

I'm sorry, I know there's nothing informative about my post, but I just had to put it out there. We're on our way!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:02 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,229 times
Default Good Morning & Welcome!

http://bestsmileys.com/waving/6.gif (broken link)
Such kind words!! We can't wait to meet you! (I love to drive, too! I coulda been a truck driver!)
I'm sure you will be very happy back HOME in Missouri! I'm sure that the kids will be in a better place, as well. There is Nothing like living in a small town!
May 26th, huh? That is just around the corner! It will be beautiful by then, too! All the wildflowers blooming.....

Gotta go see exactly where Marceline is.....

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif (broken link)

Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 AM

Default Wish I had thought of that!

I could have been paid for those 185,000 miles I drove in 3 years!!! And I've got another 1600 mile trip coming up; in a 26 foot uhaul with 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a hamster.

I think I can, I think I can........

Thanks for the welcome and the good thoughts. I'll be a Puker soon!!

BTW, Marceline is in Linn County, with Macon to the east and Chillicothe to the west, and Moberly southeast. Great for shopping trips to KC or Columbia!

Last edited by Marie'sBees; 03-27-2008 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Location of Marceline

Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 PM

774 posts, read 1,418,877 times
Welcome to the forum. Don't be shy, post away. There are some in here that don't live in MO, wish they did or will be moving back soon. So all are welcome!
Good luck in your move. Hope time passes quickly for you.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:04 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie'sBees View Post
I could have been paid for those 185,000 miles I drove in 3 years!!! And I've got another 1600 mile trip coming up; in a 26 foot uhaul with 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a hamster.

BTW, Marceline is in Linn County, with Macon to the east and Chillicothe to the west, and Moberly southeast. Great for shopping trips to KC or Columbia!
You are gonna fit right in!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:

I resemble that remark! welcome to the forum, and welcome home, even if I'm not there yet, I sure am there in spirit!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:22 PM

382 posts, read 1,069,271 times
Well, I'm green with envy. MariesBees - say a few prayers for the rest of us, especially me, trying to get HOME to Missouri. Maybe your connections will be better than mine.
http://bestsmileys.com/religous/1.gif (broken link)

Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 AM

Talking Armed with a 26ft truck and unlimited mileage.....

I'll come get you both!!

It'll take me two days to get to MO from Arizona, one day to unload my truck and drop my kids and assorted animals off with my sister, then I'll drive to UF in Gainesville, flick my oldest in the ear for not coming home for spring break, then give her a big old hug cause I really MISS her, go pick up kshe95girl, load her stuff, drop her off in MO, go back to MS and pick up Sassygirl2. The only string attached is one of you is going to have to move up North with me; you two flip a coin.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
I'll come get you both!!

It'll take me two days to get to MO from Arizona, one day to unload my truck and drop my kids and assorted animals off with my sister, then I'll drive to UF in Gainesville, flick my oldest in the ear for not coming home for spring break, then give her a big old hug cause I really MISS her, go pick up kshe95girl, load her stuff, drop her off in MO, go back to MS and pick up Sassygirl2. The only string attached is one of you is going to have to move up North with me; you two flip a coin.
Girl, you just aint right....... I love it!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:47 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Marie'sBees...what a cute name!!!As others have posted here, welcome 'HOME'. You will fit right in with this group. We have lived in East Central Missouri for the last 36 years. Moved from St. Louis. Love it here in the 'country'.

Hey, kshe, have a house up the road for sale, 3 BR and 2 B. Just waiting for y'all.. This is not a solicitation. Just info. for fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri