Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:25 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times

Advertisements

Yep, y'all missed the fun. Really!!! It was fun. Especially since it didn't get as bad as the forecasters had originally predicted. The thunder and lightening was the best. In December anyway! Hope that you are enjoying being in Georgia. I like the northwest part of the state the best! Just beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 12:38 AM

62 posts, read 162,537 times
F that..... I am in TX now and will take this any day over the low temps in STL. I can always take clothes off... i refuse to wear giant coats, deal with salt, snow days, etc. Absolutely ridiculous. I did it for 27 years.. but NO LONGER!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:56 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,833,209 times
Poor Texans. They have to see you take your clothes off.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:49 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller1014 View Post
F that..... I am in TX now and will take this any day over the low temps in STL. I can always take clothes off... i refuse to wear giant coats, deal with salt, snow days, etc. Absolutely ridiculous. I did it for 27 years.. but NO LONGER!
27 years?? Quite a long wait.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:07 PM

938 posts, read 3,506,984 times
It is a nice 70 or so degrees right now in Austin with blue skies. Sure is nice, although the weeks on end of 100+ degree highs this summer were pretty horrible. I do chuckle when it gets below 55 degrees here and these Texans start wearing scarves and heavy coats, but I also saw a lot of people outside running this summer when it was over 100 degrees in the middle of the day, so I guess it goes both ways. I miss the changing of the weather in Missouri. By the time October rolled around this year, I was dying for a cloudy, rainy day after 4 months of nothing but heat and sun....too much of anything gets old after awhile.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 PM

26,414 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
It is a nice 70 or so degrees right now in Austin with blue skies. Sure is nice, although the weeks on end of 100+ degree highs this summer were pretty horrible. I do chuckle when it gets below 55 degrees here and these Texans start wearing scarves and heavy coats, but I also saw a lot of people outside running this summer when it was over 100 degrees in the middle of the day, so I guess it goes both ways. I miss the changing of the weather in Missouri. By the time October rolled around this year, I was dying for a cloudy, rainy day after 4 months of nothing but heat and sun....too much of anything gets old after awhile.
I visited Texas one time... I didn't adjust to the horribly intense sun angle very well
I just could not handle the heat and sun + my skin burns very easily because of my Nordic ancestry.
Changes in attitudes with changes in latitude is a phrase that seems to make some sense..
20F is quite mild to me. especially with lighter winds. 0F and below is when I start to notice the cold and dress in layers

Old 12-30-2008, 07:47 AM

938 posts, read 3,506,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I visited Texas one time... I didn't adjust to the horribly intense sun angle very well
I just could not handle the heat and sun + my skin burns very easily because of my Nordic ancestry.
Changes in attitudes with changes in latitude is a phrase that seems to make some sense..
20F is quite mild to me. especially with lighter winds. 0F and below is when I start to notice the cold and dress in layers
I'm not sure if its the sun angle, air pollution, or something else, but one thing I will give Texas is that the sunsets down here are amazing, especially in the fall and winter. Lots of brilliant red, orange, and yellow colors.

20F is a little cold for me...I'd likely have the ski jacket on at that point . I can handle extreme heat a little better than extreme cold but the heat seems a little more dangerous to me...you can always put on more layers to warm up, but if you go for a run stripped down to the bare minimum when it is 100 degrees outside you are begging for a heat stroke.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:46 PM

142 posts, read 413,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Yep, y'all missed the fun. Really!!! It was fun. Especially since it didn't get as bad as the forecasters had originally predicted. The thunder and lightening was the best. In December anyway! Hope that you are enjoying being in Georgia. I like the northwest part of the state the best! Just beautiful.
Northwoods- I was born and raised in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Georgia. However, after the Olympics in 1996 everyone decided they loved it here too and the building began. It's too crowded here now and that's why we love Missouri so much! I can close my eyes in Missouri and think back 25 years and think I am home. We are ready to come back home to Missouri....we miss it something bad!

There is two empty spots in Texas, someone can feel free to fill our spots...Not for us! I will leave it at that!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:46 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,398,001 times
The weather right now is very warm for this time of year. Normally it should be freezing and snowing. Right now it feels like early spring.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:15 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Oh, OzarksBoy, I'm one of those pesky Californians you blog about; a true left-coaster; actually born here, as was my wife. But both of us being military brats we've lived many other places as well.

We'll be visiting your fair state in about a week to look for a place to initially settle in the Spring from which we can look around for just the right spot to buy.

If you would be so kind, could you order some really harsh MO winter weather for us? Ice storms would be a good start. After all, I know ya want to discourage us.

Did I mention that I spent three winters in Minnesota and another three on the Korean DMZ and my wife lived in the NW Arkansas Ozarks for seven years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri