Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,795 times

Advertisements

I'm currently living in NV. I'm movin out to MO at the end of january. i'm originally from IN on a big farm and love outdoors. Where is a good country setting thats not to expensive. I was thinkin climax springs? Suggestions Please!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,830 times
Iowa...........

Old 09-28-2009, 05:30 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantu123456 View Post
I'm currently living in NV. I'm movin out to MO at the end of january. i'm originally from IN on a big farm and love outdoors. Where is a good country setting thats not to expensive. I was thinkin climax springs? Suggestions Please!!!!
I'd guess it would depend on what exactly you are looking for. Jobs, recreation, climate, population, proximity to a larger city.

What is bringing you to Missouri from Nevada?

I live in Ca. but darn close to Nevada and actually make the trek to Reno to do shopping every 2 weeks. Too dry, dusty, brown and deserty for me. OMG and did I forget WINDY!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:21 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,561,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Iowa...........
or Nebraska.

Missouri already has more than enough people from that side of the Rockies, but Iowa and Nebraska still have their quotas to fill. We've just got two openings left and CalBassMan and NorthBayEric have reserved them. Sorry, bud.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
^ thank goodness I already paid for my reservation!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:24 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,857,592 times
I keep wondering how I missed the memo that Ob had the state of Missouri handed over to him.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,966 times
Quote:
Ok, first off, potential welcome to MO... but, to help answer your questions, and as the misplaced one queried, ya need to fill in more details, such as:
- why Missouri?
- why Climax Springs, or that area?
- what defines "good country setting" to you?
- what defines "not too expensive"?
- do you desire to be close to airports, interstates, malls, bigger cities, lakes, forests, streams/rivers, certain part of the state, etc.?
- how many acres?

BTW, don't pay much mind to the old semi-toothless OzarksBoy... he really is full of love, but is so full of it, he has hard time expressing his emotions as he really feels them. Otherwise, how can you explain his appearance in an upcoming joyful parade full of pride in Rolla, MO as the Grand Pooh-Bah?

Ok, seriously, let us know why's and where's and what's, and the rest of us will try to help ya...

Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,328 times
Quote:
Hello......You are aware of the weather conditions in Missouri during January, aren't you???? Besides all of the detailed inquiries posted by ShadowCaver, may I suggest that you Google Missouri with a map close by.

Check the topography of different areas. Check out the sites that may interest you by using the City Data information. Go to your favorite weather site, check out past recorded condtions. Good luck to you and your endeavors.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:34 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,326 times
And I thought I was in the middle of nowhere.

Climax Springs is ok but there is nothing there.

hillman

Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Before you move, come out to visit. Oh, say around the first or second week of January when we usually have 4 - 6 inches of solid ice all over EVERYTHING and people are out of electricity for WEEKS AT A TIME. Or how about TORNADO season wooo hoooooo That ought to keep your fanny in Nevada. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri