Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:59 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times

Advertisements

Is Royce fighting on the UFC Brazil card? Dana said no, think he's hiding it? How can you not let him fight one farewell fight, especially on the Brazil card. Heck match him with another old school guy. Maybe Kimo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
theyre not removed, they just had to edit out the fight footage. it kinda makes sense since the videos are ultimately to sell their dvds
the channel was completely removed. they started a whole new channel on youtube and removed the footage. apparently rener and dana are "talking" but no way dana lets them keep using them without collecting some $$$ and rener does them for free so thats not gonna happen.

last i heard royce was not fight as of yet but in negotiations. royce would have to fight someone like kimo or ken shamrock because he cant hang with the new kids. i also heard royce wanted some ridiculous amount of money, $1,000,000 plus % of ppv or something. maybe royce can fight james toney.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:03 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
the channel was completely removed. they started a whole new channel on youtube and removed the footage. apparently rener and dana are "talking" but no way dana lets them keep using them without collecting some $$$ and rener does them for free so thats not gonna happen.

last i heard royce was not fight as of yet but in negotiations. royce would have to fight someone like kimo or ken shamrock because he cant hang with the new kids. i also heard royce wanted some ridiculous amount of money, $1,000,000 plus % of ppv or something. maybe royce can fight james toney.
oh ok, didnt know that. i just saw their most recent with the footage edited out

Old 04-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Is there any rumors or anything on more Pro Boxers moving over to MMA? And was the James Toney thing a one fight UFC deal? So he's done with MMA?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 PM

well there have been a few guys from proboxing consider coming over, mayorga was supposed to fight but some ridiculously corrupt guy named don king tried to sue him and the mma promotion before the fight happened so he dropped out.

james toney says he is not done with mma but then he was supposed to defend his title last november and as far as i know that has not happened either.

here is my take, if you took a guy like manny and gave him a year+ of nothing but GOOD takedown defense. i mean working none stop with very good wrestlers, he would be nearly title shot worthy based on the merits of his hands. if you gave him 5 years of solid grappling he could be a world champ. not a dominant world champ but he would win a title. that said, i see and hear so many guys talk about "the money isnt there", but this IMO is nothing more then hearsay. i mean chris arreola says he would never do mma (even though he loves it) because the money isnt there, yet his last fight he didnt even break 6 figures. i fully expect the money to go up in mma and THEN, and only then will more boxers consider it. they are going to need a lot more then their hands but some guys like oscar already train other things. manny is a huge fan of bj penn and bj is a huge fan of mannys. (dont let the boxing apologists read that, they still think manny doesnt know who bj even is.)

Old 04-04-2011, 02:05 PM

read a report today that the ultimate fighters coaches for the next season have been picked..... mike bisprick vs chael sonnen!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Looks like bj says it's fitch, gsp or nobody. He isn't fighting now that fitch had to pull out.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:51 PM

Strikeforce card. Diaz or Daley? I say Diaz via 2nd round sub, likely rear naked. Yet you never know if Daley lands a bomb early.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:27 AM

yeah i agree diaz will sub him, BUT nick is going to stand and bang for the 1st round minimum.
how about jardine making a comback last minute. i think mousasi beats him though.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 PM

A draw? Mousasi beat jardine to a pulp, takedowns be damned, jardine got owned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)