Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,885,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
IMO Dallas is boring. The sports here suck with bad college football, poor pro football and very few festivals. Maybe I'm unfairly comparing Dallas to S Louisiana where there is always something going on? I want festivals! Crawfish festivals, seafood festivals, Mardi Gras, etc. In addition, I love the beach and it's right there in Alabama we don't have that luxury up here. Plus Dallas was voted in the top 10 as one of the rudest cities in America.
NOLA , Baton Rouge, Lafayette, etc is nothing like Eastern Shore
Alabama. It has Mardi Gras but that's about as close as it gets to being as fun as those places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 PM

270 posts, read 587,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
NOLA , Baton Rouge, Lafayette, etc is nothing like Eastern Shore
Alabama. It has Mardi Gras but that's about as close as it gets to being as fun as those places.
I dont like the big party scene, so a Mardi Gras similar to one that you may find in Slidell would be appropriate. Or Mobile is close enough to Slidell and SE Louisiana, I can make a couple of hour trip when I went to head back that way. But y'all also have Gulf Shores which I just love. And you have channel 5 meteroligist John Nodar. That guy cracks me up

Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 AM

209 posts, read 460,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
I dont like the big party scene, so a Mardi Gras similar to one that you may find in Slidell would be appropriate. Or Mobile is close enough to Slidell and SE Louisiana, I can make a couple of hour trip when I went to head back that way. But y'all also have Gulf Shores which I just love. And you have channel 5 meteroligist John Nodar. That guy cracks me up
Probably you are right. I have been some Asian Communities in Dallas. Such as Richardson and Plano when I travel to Dallas. Most Asian community residents are not rich, most of them are middle-class. The community is pretty safe. Asian (mostly not 100%, probably half or a little bit less) residents are mostly have high degree, and pretty good attitude and hehavior. Their community usually have and good schools and community setting. It won' be a bad choice for choosing a community near or in an Asian community.

Alabama, seems like what you say about Madison, MS (I have been to Jackson, MS one time), the problem is racial tension is still commercioganic here. You have to face this stuff. some towns have high crime rate, and the most important that is children may not benefit from these towns settings.

If in major metropolitian area, there will be good for kids to expand horizon. In Mobile, there is nothing there, except some big new manufacutring businesses. The kids can only see some stuff here: endless home subdivision, similar shopping mall, and endless natural sightseeings...

Old 07-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humacaena View Post
Onthemove,

Unless you live on the Eastern Shore you should not make blanket statements like that. This area has room for people of all races and pocketbooks. There are homes affordable to all, and all you have to do is check the MLS.
Some of us have an opinion about Mobile based on the daily news...not because of race. Crime, like murders and carjackings, keep many of us away from Mobile. So please be real...

DFW and suburbs are just a sprawling metropolis of shopping centers and subdivisions. I feel it's missing heart. My son lives in McKinney...and I know the area well. I would prefer to raise a family here in Alabama, specially the Eastern Shore.

I live in Pine Grove, some of the people on the Eastern Shore do say those things based on race, and they dont even hide that they say them, just saying. Its not just Mobile, its Bay Minette, its Foley as well.

Crime happens everywhere by the way, it just doesnt make it to the news as often if it happens on the Eastern Shore or on the Gulf.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 PM

197 posts, read 213,023 times
So you can't stand the University of Alabama?

WELL, welcome to Auburn country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area