Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 03:48 PM

562 posts, read 666,115 times

Advertisements

Check off another off my list....Insomnia Cookies is coming to South Landing in the old Cricket Wireless space on Old Shell Road.
Online Plan Room | LDI Line
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 09:58 AM

Blaze Pizza is now open in Legacy Village.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:34 PM

310 posts, read 387,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
Blaze Pizza is now open in Legacy Village.

Looking forward to trying this as I've heard great things, but I don't have high hopes. With both Pie Five and Grimaldi's being recent pizza chain casualties in Mobile, I wonder how successful Blaze will be?

Old 05-22-2020, 10:16 PM

290 posts, read 382,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepress View Post
Looking forward to trying this as I've heard great things, but I don't have high hopes. With both Pie Five and Grimaldi's being recent pizza chain casualties in Mobile, I wonder how successful Blaze will be?
But Pie Five lasted longer than Grimaldi's.

Old 06-04-2020, 05:37 PM

688 posts, read 1,206,182 times
I know this isn’t a new store coming to the market, but JC Penney is closing its Spanish Fort location.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:32 PM

310 posts, read 387,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon_regis View Post
I know this isn’t a new store coming to the market, but JC Penney is closing its Spanish Fort location.

I'm ready for that Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steak Burgers to open in Spanish Fort. It would have been open already if not for the Covid setback.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:13 PM

5,003 posts, read 9,157,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bon_regis View Post
Not surprized at all tbh.They complain about not having a Costco and I'm like for it to close down lol. I wish there was a way to physically move the Easternshore Center to Mobile County.There is no eason why it's in the shape it's in over there.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:31 PM

5 posts, read 3,972 times
I saw a little stand alone building has been built IN the parking lot of Buffalo Wild Wings, almost like one of those popup Smoothie King locations. Anyone know what it could be? I didn't see a sign when I drove by.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagsFan14 View Post
I saw a little stand alone building has been built IN the parking lot of Buffalo Wild Wings, almost like one of those popup Smoothie King locations. Anyone know what it could be? I didn't see a sign when I drove by.

I believe it's going to be a coffee shop. I forget the name, but I know it's not going to be another Yellowhammer location.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:34 PM

51 posts, read 50,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edtv411 View Post
Legacy Village is Mobile's attempt at upscale shopping. It's size is large enough to attract the highest class of stores for this market. It has definitely siphoned off all of the tenants that would have ended up at Bel Air. And it's location on the edge of Springhill means it's closer to the customers who can afford to shop there.
If it is, then Mobile needs to try harder. That’s not a true upscale shopping center like the Summit or Bridge Street. That is what... maybe 10 stores? I comment on the Birmingham and Huntsville forums as well. Mainly because I’m a huge Alabama homer and want to see ALL 3 of Alabama’s major cities prosper. The Mobile/Baldwin market needs a Macy’s, Trader Joe’s, Apple Store, Cheesecake Factory, Tory Burch.. you catch my drift. Go to the website of any upscale mall/shopping center in the country and you’ll see the usual list of stores. Savannah, GA and a few other metros smaller than Mobile have these stores. Mobile has to start working now to position itself as the anchor city of the Mobile/Baldwin/Pensacola metro that will exist in a few decades (if Baldwin county keeps growing at its current rate, more and more rural areas in Baldwin will become subdivisions and this will happen).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area